Username: Password:

Author Topic: I've got a WM526!!  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Metalgoth

• View Profile
I've got a WM526!!
« on: October 30, 2009, 11:14:19 AM »
I've been wanting to get an HM series for a while now, and I got one.  I didn't expect US Custom Shop, but a broken one showed up on eBay, and I managed to get it.  The headstock was broken in half, it was an easy fix.  It has a nasty scar there now, but it's absolutely solid.

It's a fantastic guitar, their US shop does great work.  The real standout is the fretboard, the composite resin whatever...  It is really fast and slippery.  I'm not really a shredder, not that good, but I do bend notes like crazy, and this makes it really easy.  

Put the composite fretboard on the list with the Stephen's Cutaway and the Buzz Feiten tuning system as definite upgrades embraced by Washburn.  

I'll be putting pictures up here when I take some good ones.

Offline arykala

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/adamrykalaguitar
I've got a WM526!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 08:14:12 AM »
Awesome!

--

Washburn HM-24V (proto) / KC 90v x2 (Red, Translucent)/ MG 74/ MG 800 / Fernandes Revolver Pro w\\Sustainer / Ibanez 540 Radius (91 HSS) / Chimera (coming soon)
--

Washburn HM-24V (proto) / KC 90v x3 (Red, Translucent Gold, Translucent Pearl)/ MG 74/ MG 800 / Fernandes Revolver Pro w\\Sustainer / Ibanez 540 Radius (91 HSS) / Ibanez RGT42 BP / No Name LP Copy / LTD MH250 / Relic Strat / Artcore AG85 / Chimera (coming soon)

Offline Metalgoth

• View Profile
I've got a WM526!!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 04:08:30 PM »
Really, the big thing here is the fretboard.  It feels just like a scalloped fretboard, all slippery and bendy, but without the tuning problems.  With scalloped fretboards you press too hard, you go sharp, not so with this.

I think if I had a signature guitar, it would resemble a Strat, but with the Stephen's cutaway, Buzz Feiten, H-S-S pickups and a carbon fretboard.  Washburn just isn't getting enough credit for these advances.