Username: Password:

Author Topic: EA40 volume and tone knobs wanted  (Read 3980 times)

Offline JustaDrummer

• View Profile
EA40 volume and tone knobs wanted
« on: October 30, 2009, 08:30:18 PM »
Hi there. I own a 1992 EA40 in black, serial 92671. I loaned it to someone recently and when i got it back the volume and tone knobs were missing! Needless to say I wasn't happy.

Anyway, does anyone know where I can get some replacements, or does anyone have any spares i can buy? Ideally as similar to the originals as possible. I'm from the UK and a drummer by trade so don't know much about where to find spare parts for guitars!! I've tried washburn and they suggested allparts and stewmac but I've had no luck so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Offline gtracer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 09:36:16 PM »
Welcome JaD!  Could you clarify the type of EQ you have.  The 1992 EA-40 had an EQ-300 with sliders.  It sounds like your guitar might be older and have an earlier EQ-300 with 2 knobs that rotate.
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE FESTIVAL GUILD

Offline JustaDrummer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 07:30:52 AM »
Hi, thanks for the reply. It has the Equis II EQ fitted. Which has 3 sliders and 2 knobs which rotate - one says level, the other says contour. I've had this guitar from new and it was in mint condition when I loaned it out. I am gutted that it wasn't really looked after by the guy I loaned it to. Never mind! Hopefully, I'll get it sorted soon and I suppose it could be a lot worse!!

Offline gtracer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 08:44:01 PM »
You should be able to find those knobs off any of the Equis EQ's.  Your EA-40 should also have another 3 digit number, probably on a brace for the top in front of the sound hole.
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE FESTIVAL GUILD