Username: Password:

Author Topic: EA20B RCA records  (Read 2935 times)

Offline hlscales

• View Profile
EA20B RCA records
« on: November 02, 2009, 07:49:40 PM »
Hi everyone. I was hoping maybe someone could help me. My father recently purchased a Washburn EA20B. We were originally told that it belonged to Marty Raybon but after talking to Mr. Raybon he told us it did not belong to him. However on the headstock there is an RCA records emblem. Mr. Raybon told us that if it has an RCA emblem then it was made for an RCA recording artist but I cannot find out any information about it. Can anyone help?
H. Scales

Offline bookman

• View Profile
    • http://aroundtheblock.us
EA20B RCA records
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:44:09 PM »
It's my understanding that Washburn made 10 of these guitars for the RCA studio crew in Nashville. However, it's anybody's guess who might have played/owned these guitars. I would suspect that RCA was rich with donated instruments...especially with Gibson making guitars right there in town (among many others).

Recently, there was one of these guitars that popped up on the Nashville Craigslist. Is that where your Dad got his?

These are really great looking guitars....I love seeing Nipper right there on the headstock!! Cool!!

Hudson

Offline hlscales

• View Profile
EA20B RCA records
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 11:17:01 PM »
No he didn't get it from there. He actually got it from Peanut Montgomery. I'm not sure if you know who that is but he was a pretty famous songwriter. I was unsure if the EA20B (black) was part of the ten that were made. I think personally that my father made a pretty wise investment because he honestly paid very little for it. Especially if you consider that it is only one of ten. From the research I have done (and mind you it is limited) RCA records commisions guitar makers to make custom guitars to give to their artist for accomplishing something big. For instance Washburn was commisioned by RCA to make a guitar for Dolly Parton after the success of Jolene. I felt sure he had something special because never before have I seen the RCA emblem on a guitar. Thank you so much for your response!! I am going to call Washburn in the morning to see what they say about it. Oh and do you have any thoughts on what the value may be?
H. Scales

Offline bookman

• View Profile
    • http://aroundtheblock.us
EA20B RCA records
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 07:46:45 AM »
No...not really...

The one on craigslist, recently, was listed at $850.

By the way...that one was white with a maroon RCA logo on the headstock.

Hudson