Username: Password:

Author Topic: Neck Specs?  (Read 5914 times)

Offline NelsonB

• View Profile
Neck Specs?
« on: November 04, 2009, 06:12:51 PM »
Can anyone tell me more about these mini jumbos, what are the neck scales and neck profiles?

Offline EmmitSycamore

• View Profile
Neck Specs?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 01:58:38 PM »
Not sure re mini jumbo, but baby jumbo (wb200 / wb400) are:

25.5 scale

1  11/16 nut

average 4 body depth
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:00:22 PM by EmmitSycamore »

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Neck Specs?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 08:54:33 PM »
Here's the info you were looking for:

http://www.washburn.com/products/acoustics/bodystyles.php

Look about 2/3 of the way down, just below the "Jumbo" models.

Body size, scale.....no nut width, but I can measure my WMJ11S if you need it.

.....and, yes, I realize this is an older thread.....for those of you who haven't tried to reply to a thread that has not been active for a while on the new forum software, you will see this (in red print over a pink background  :o ) above where you would type in your reply:

"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."

Cheers from.....
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Stevis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 02:43:12 PM »
Hi folks,

I posted this question in another thread about the WMJ40SCE (mini jumbo), which I just purchased.  What, if any, is the difference between body/style of the mini jumbo, the baby jumbo and a grand auditorium?

Thanks,
Steve
Guitar collection includes: Washburn WMJ40SCE, Alvarez AD710ce, Fender Telecaster, Gibson Les Paul, Fender American Jazz Bass, Fender Standard Deluxe Jazz Bass

Amps:  VOX AC15, Peavey Vypyr, MarkBass F1 head and NY cabinets

Offline Stevis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »
I just answered part of my above question on the difference between baby and mini jumbos, by seeing photo of former in another posting.  Still curious on mini vs. grand auditorium.

Steve
Guitar collection includes: Washburn WMJ40SCE, Alvarez AD710ce, Fender Telecaster, Gibson Les Paul, Fender American Jazz Bass, Fender Standard Deluxe Jazz Bass

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 09:12:15 PM »
Hi folks,

I posted this question in another thread about the WMJ40SCE (mini jumbo), which I just purchased.  What, if any, is the difference between body/style of the mini jumbo, the baby jumbo and a grand auditorium?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi, Stevel

Here's a link to Washburn's body dimension charts....hope you find the baby jumbo there, I'm sure the Grand Auditorium is there right below the Dreadnought, and I'm pretty sure the MJ is there:

http://www.washburn.com/products/acoustics/bodystyles.php

BTW, I have one of the MJ's, just not the one you're interested in.  IMHO, it is one of my best Washburns, and I have a few of their all solid-wood models.  The WMJ11S is that good...I bought it for a "campfire guitar", now I hate to take it camping for fear that I'll damage it somehow.

That makes my "campfire" guitar a WD32SW....a nicely mod'ed all solid-wood model....not exactly the best choice for a campfire guit  :-\ .

Cheers from.....
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Stevis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 10:56:22 PM »
Thanks for suggesting the above link, Dugly.  I also appreciate the feedback on your experiences with the Washburn mini jumbo line.  That is reassuring.  I ended up buying the WMJ40SCE, which was part of their 2010-2011 offerings.  WMS has them on clearance for $280 (see link below).  I am new to acoustic guitars AND it was weird to buy something without playing it.  However, I am very pleased with both the acoustic and the electric sounds.  It has some nice features for something at this price point.  I find myself playing/practicing more now, as living in a condo kinda cramps the electric guitar and bass playing (no man cave).

http://www.worldmusicsupply.com/Washburn-WMJ40SCE-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar.html

Cheers,
Steve