Username: Password:

Author Topic: How Rare Are The True Woodstocks??  (Read 4629 times)

Offline bookman

• View Profile
    • http://aroundtheblock.us
How Rare Are The True Woodstocks??
« on: November 05, 2009, 05:30:32 PM »
I have read somewhere in this forum that the real Woodstock EA's were only offered one year...I believe 1989...and the names were changed for other years (and for basically the same guitars).

That brings me to the question: How rare are these Woodstocks? And does anybody know what they are bringing in the current marketplace??

I'd be interested to know...

Thanks!

Hudson Alexander
Franklin, Tennessee

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 06:59:21 PM »
The EA20 Woodstock was '95 only, the other build years (mid 80's to 2000) it was called the EA20 Newport. The EA40 Woodstock was built from '79 to '91. Book prices, EA20's, $250 to $300 average condition - EA40's, $325 to $375 average condition. The EA20 Woodstock might fetch a little more.

Offline bookman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 06:53:36 AM »
Thanks Pike.

I have seen some rather steep prices for the Woodstock...it might have been the EA40 though...popping up on ebay in recent weeks.I think there was one that might have sold for some big time bucks, too. It surprised me! Of course, it could have something to do with the fact that we've just passed the 40th anniversary mark for the big Woodstock concert...and it got lots of press!

I have just recently bought a new EA16N and I couldn't be happier with it. I love the wonderful tones and also the neck of this guitar, not to mention the crown headstock (which is gorgeous).It's easy to play, even though it doesn't emit the powerful bass notes like my D10S. The bass notes on that thing will almost rattle objects in the room without an amplifier. lol.....

Hudson

Offline gtracer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 09:03:44 AM »
Of the early Festivals, the Woodstock was the lowest priced laminated version, the Monterey a higher priced solid top version, and the Tanglewood was the highest priced solid top, full width body version.  As with most things, the cheaper versions usually sell in higher volumes, and I think the same could be said about the early Festivals.  There have been 2 listed with high prices on eBay over the last couple of weeks.  Neither sold, and one dropped the price by a substantial amount.
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE FESTIVAL GUILD

jimsmithsr

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 06:46:19 AM »
This is just my personal opinion....I think any of the Festival series from late 1979 to 1983 is probably worth at least its suggested retail value (and maybe as much as 1.5 times retail) .....if its in great shape and doesn't have a lot of modifications.

They are getting harder to come by......but I do see  Woodstocks come up every now and then.  

I don't think they're worth 3 to 10 times more than they originally sold for!

Here's some info on the original series:

A suggested retail price guide from 1982 (it includes the pricing on the newly introduced Studio, Custom and Artist series)

And a picture of the Woodstock, Monterey, and Tanglewood series from a 1980 catalog.

[:)]

Offline bookman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 12:01:34 PM »
WOW...Thanks for all the info Jim!! Great information!!

I have always gotten the impression that the Washburn Festival Series is legendary. However, on this forum, they seem to be a much under-appreciated commodity. I would have thought there would be many more posts here regarding these guitars.

Of course, with Washburn, there are so many great instruments to choose from...

Hudson

Offline alamo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 05:41:26 AM »
I just picked up a Woodstock Studio,witha pickup in the neck. What a great sounding and playing guitar. The electrontics are 2 knobs and a slider.   Great info in this forum.