Username: Password:

Author Topic: Bird's eye maple even washburn can't peg  (Read 11414 times)

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Bird's eye maple even washburn can't peg
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 11:28:58 PM »
Why is this called Birdseye? Is that a type of wood, or is that for the little patterns in the wood. It is a real beauty, thats for sure.  Tom.

Offline BillWebber

• View Profile
    • http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.rover
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 04:00:17 PM »
Hi Guys

I have two of these Washburn EA30 Guitars both almost the same and both with birds eye maple finish which is an all round finish apart from the neck. I purchased one about 1990 ish and the other about 3 weeks ago. The first one was a replacement for one which I brought in Winchester which was red. That was a shop display guitar I paid 685 pounds for it and shortly after the frets began to lift, so the shop keeper ordered me a new one to replace it. The new one was natural bird’s eye maple. I loved it so much I brought another from a seller on eBay which is in near perfect condition for 300 pounds. Both of my EA30 S has equis electrics but I mainly use them for acoustic work only. I should say I am a closet guitarist but what the heck I just love strumming away. I will show some pic’s later if anyone is that interested. I just found your forum when I was trying to find out how rare my guitars are. Bill

Offline wrmurphy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 05:08:57 PM »
welcome to the forum bill weber. People on this forum always enjoy pictures of fine looking guitars.    murph

Offline vindicator69

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 03:25:18 PM »
Next week I get my Washburn EA X0. I think, its the same as the one on top of this thread.

http://forums.washburn.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20694

Offline goteeboy

• View Profile
Re: Bird's eye maple even washburn can't peg
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2014, 09:22:58 AM »
Not sure if this thread is still active...
I'm new to this forum.

My first and only guitar ever purchased was exactly the same as the one in this post: Washburn EA 40 rosewood neck, spruce top, birdseye maple sides and back. Bought at Guitar Center in Chicago (Arlington Heights).  I remember buying it in college so I think that was 1988, latest would have been 1989.  Still own it 25 years later.  Too bad I don't play it much.  Hopefully one of my kids will pick it up.

So yes, that guitar is a late 80's Washburn EA40.

Offline gracelland

• View Profile
Re: Bird's eye maple even washburn can't peg
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 09:54:25 PM »
I bought this birds eye maple Washburn accoustic/electric EA40 brand new after my divorce in '88. I was so proud of myself, my first big purchase all by myself but I sold it when I was a struggling single mother a little over 10 years later. Wish I'd never sold it, I loved that guitar!