Username: Password:

Author Topic: EA-4000K  (Read 3994 times)

Offline low_flyer

• View Profile
EA-4000K
« on: November 23, 2009, 09:05:39 PM »
I bought a Festival EA-4000K several years ago. At the time is was told that it was a prototype and apparently Washburn elected not to go with it. At least that is what I was told. But whats odd is that there is no info whatsoever available on it. I Google'd it and three references were returned, one in English! :) If anyone has any information, or knows where I might find some, please let me know, it would be appreciated!   ...Many Thanks...   BTW: It IS a sweet guitar...

Offline bookman

• View Profile
    • http://aroundtheblock.us
EA-4000K
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 09:11:28 PM »
Please post some pics for us!!

I'd love to see it & I'm sure somebody on this forum can point you in the right direction.

Hudson

Offline low_flyer

• View Profile
EA-4000K
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 10:07:58 PM »
I'd love to post some photos, but don't see that I can here??

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
EA-4000K
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 03:46:40 AM »
Hi low_flyer and welcome to the forum. Get those pics up and let's see that thing.

Most of the guys use Photobucket, it’s free and relatively simple to use.

http://photobucket.com/

Open an account, transfer pictures from computer to Photobucket.
Once pictures are there if you scroll over the picture with your mouse it will bring up some choices below it.

To show the picture in your thread copy the img. Option and paste it on your thread.

To put a one click direct link to the picture on Photobucket copy the Direct Link option and paste it on your thread.

It does get easier once you’ve done it. Cheers.

Offline low_flyer

• View Profile
EA-4000K
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 08:34:17 AM »
Thanks for the help CornishBoy, it's appreciated! I will do as you suggest after work today. I'm really curious about this guitar as it's obviously a fairly top-end guitar, Grovers, nice Equis electronics and very nice details and workmanship...they say there are no mysteries! ...Thats easy for 'them' to say! :)  ...Thanks again!

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
EA-4000K
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 08:58:52 AM »
No worries low-flyer, here's a pic of another mystery proto from Washburn, half Wing Series Half Festival.

Offline low_flyer

• View Profile
EA-4000K
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 08:49:49 PM »
Here's a few photos of the EA4000. Thanks again Cornish Boy for your help in getting them here! And like most everything, when you know what you're doing, there's nothing to it!  

I checked the Washburn serial number lookup page, but there is no mention of this model. Serial #00070012...didn't make many!

Cornish Boy: That's a sweet looking guitar, and it does look a little confused! Is that early 90's manufacture? It looks absolutely prime!

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 10:01:33 PM by low_flyer »

Offline nogin007

• View Profile
EA-4000K
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 09:24:59 PM »
A limited edition is usually a series that was made for one of Washburns dealers. Anyone can get a limited edition. You must order a specific number of units. Yours seems to be made in July, 2000.