Username: Password:

Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 4957 times)

Offline svgustin

• View Profile
Merry Christmas
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2009, 10:43:56 PM »
Dam Sam! MErlin.....what a nice box! Just did my googlin' and the bone nut and saddle is worth the price alone! Plus i do love the peghead inlay.....I'm a sucker for abalone, mother of pearl and curly maple.....I know, you don't have any curly maple on your guitar, but well, I am a sucker for it.........nice trade in...I would say. But um........does this mean you are not gonna ever learn to play the violin? If so, then all the pressure is on you Magoo! We need a fiddle player here on this forum. I guess you're it! Get busy with that bow boy![:D]

Washburn WD54SW
Gold Tone(PBSM)Resonator
2006 Collings MT Mandolin

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
Merry Christmas
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2009, 11:09:11 PM »
Nope Scott, Quinn Is the resident Fiddle player, He is the go to guy thats been playing for a while now, and seems to have a few impressive violins.
I agree with your take on this forum and glad you still drop by, You have been on the mando side now as long as I can remember, and your probably one of the members that have been here the longest on this dark side of the forum...LOL
I'm still not able to use the arm, The doc says I will not be playing fiddle for at least two more mths...I can play mando now with very little pain, so I'm a happy camper...LOL

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Merry Christmas
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2009, 11:24:06 PM »
Thanks guys for the compliments on my new baby.

Tio, yes believe it or not there was a D-10s there, but I didn't even play it.  I have owned one before so I pretty much knew what it was all about.  The Blueridge just has more of a big rich tone that is hard to describe.

Magoo, yeah in my mind I think the Blueridge is more for bluegrass music, but I really don't know what that means.  lol
and I youtubed it too and I don't think those clips do it justice.  It sounds good!

thanks svgustin, it does look as good as it sounds.  If you like the inlay on this one you should check out their higher end models.  I think they sound about as good as any high end guitar.
and no I not going to learn the fiddle any time soon. I wish I would practice my mandolin more than I do.