Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hey Magoo!  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Junior88

• The young gun
    • View Profile
Hey Magoo!
« on: January 06, 2010, 09:11:16 PM »
Looks like I'm playin the Mando for a song in my school rockband! Losing my religion by REM.

You know what that means right??

LAAADDDIIIEEESSS

[:D][:D][8D][B)]

Washburn N2, Barracuda Strat Copy, Fender DG 10/12, Art & Lutherie Acoustic, Greg Bennet D-5 Acoustic,Rover RM-50B Mando

If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it. -Jack Johnson

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
Hey Magoo!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 10:32:45 PM »
LMAO Right on bro, cool song....You the man.

Offline Junior88

• The young gun
    • View Profile
Hey Magoo!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 10:40:30 PM »
Hehe thanks Magoo. It's a great song. I recommended it to the teacher, andhe loved it! Any excuse to show off his fancy Gibby Mando.. (The one he got for FREE)

Washburn N2, Barracuda Strat Copy, Fender DG 10/12, Art & Lutherie Acoustic, Greg Bennet D-5 Acoustic,Rover RM-50B Mando

If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it. -Jack Johnson

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
Hey Magoo!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 07:28:29 PM »
Gibson for free, Damn some guys get it all. Ryan can he play it?
That would really suck if he couldn't
I was at a festival this summer when this guy pulled out a nice martian guitar and a Gibson mandolin..the guy only knew two chords on each and couldn't play at all..but damn he looked cool...LMAO

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
Hey Magoo!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 07:48:35 PM »
quote:
When did you see me in concert Magoo????

LMAO, When did you learn the second Shiner...Must of been that F chord the troll keep speaking of...LOL

Offline gregjones

• Perpetual Beginner
    • View Profile
Hey Magoo!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 07:58:45 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by magoo99

the guy only knew two chords

Well, at least he could play the 99 Year Blues in two different keys.

[8D]
If it's got tuners, tits, or tires----it's gonna cost you.

"There are no wrong notes, only advanced harmonies." - Frank Zappa

Offline Junior88

• The young gun
    • View Profile
Hey Magoo!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 09:23:51 PM »
quote:
Ryan can he play it?
That would really suck if he couldn't

No idea actually I have never seen it.. He probably can't.. He is the king of bullcrap..
quote:
You'll have to fight the chicks off with . . . . your little mando.

Don't worry man. My Washie will be there to back me up when we play our Bon Jovi!
The F.U. chord? I use that in almost every song. LOL

Magoo, that dude sounds like a tool! LOL. Its's like the girl geetbox player in my band, she has 3 beautiful geetars, but she's no better than me..

Offline svgustin

• View Profile
Hey Magoo!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 11:41:08 PM »
That burns me some too you guys....but for maybe a different reason. There was this girl band that does quite a bit of busking down here. And they are quite good really. I like them, beautiful voices etc. But one of them just got a mando...she doesn't play it, but just stands there with it...Arrrrrgh! That bugs me. Play the damn thing! Is what I say. Even if it's only two or three chords...play those! or find the root note and thump that, or damp ALL the strings and just chop away!.....anything, . ...now having said that.....she did look pretty cool. MAybe that's what I'm missing. the looking cool part. I don't think I'll ever quite get that figured out. Or is it the instrument that looks cool? If that's the case I've got it made, however, nobody down here as even heard of Collings......so I guess I'm stuck trying to play it and sounding cool......Made a whole $4 each today busking in the shade. Not as many flies so it was bearable. But shouldn't the money be getting more not less? Our goal now is to make $15 in an hour and a half......takin' it to the people.

Washburn WD54SW
Gold Tone(PBSM)Resonator
2006 Collings MT Mandolin