Username: Password:

Author Topic: Looking for a Gently Used B 17  (Read 3065 times)

Offline madhungarian

• View Profile
Looking for a Gently Used B 17
« on: January 14, 2011, 09:06:47 AM »
Starting off on Banjo and looking for a gently used B 17. Also, any recommendations for the beginner would be appreciated. Adult with kids moving out of the house and some time now to spend on music. Thanks.

Offline Junior88

• The young gun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 01:19:46 PM »
I deffs thought you were talking about one of these [:D]
http://www.brooksengland.com/en/Shop_ProductPage.aspx?cat=saddles+-+touring+%26+trekking&prod=B17+S+Standard
I was about to call you a tard because this is a guitar forum [:D]

I would just keep checking eBay.

Washburn N2, Washburn F10S
I've got some other stuff too.. Everything from guitars to a Balalaika.

Offline madhungarian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 12:36:50 PM »
I did post to Washburn Banjo-mandolin forum and considering this is a Washburn forum I did not think i had to say Washburn. B 17 is a Washburn banjo

Offline madhungarian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 12:40:49 PM »
I did post to Washburn Banjo-mandolin forum and considering this is a Washburn forum I did not think i had to say Washburn. B 17 is a Washburn banjo

binder1

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 03:26:30 AM »
madhungarian;

The B-17 is a really nice banjo.  Might be hard to find a used one for sale, unless it's a floor model sitting in someone's showroom.  (I don't own one but I've played one many times) I do own an older B-16 (1994) and a WB-120 (1974....my father bought and left to me)

I would try E-bay or the JAX combined listing for WASHBURN.

If you can't find a used B-17 in your price range, you might want to look at an older B-16, like I have. The older B-16s come up for sale frequently, and sometimes, you can get a good deal on one.

The B-16 was the top of the line banjo for Washburn in the late 80's to mid 90's.

Sorry about the cold reception here,...I think I'm about the only banjo player in these parts.

Offline madhungarian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 03:59:50 PM »
Thanks -- think i found one and at a very good price. I'll see when I receive it.