Username: Password:

Author Topic: My D46CESP  (Read 6170 times)

Offline Groundhawg

• View Profile
My D46CESP
« on: December 22, 2009, 09:30:07 AM »
Hello all,
I just bought a D46 and have a few questions...

1) I just noticed that there is no lug on the neck end for attaching the strap...I thought that was odd.  Should there not be one on there?  Does Washburn put that on or would that be a dealer thing?

2) The model number on the tag inside the body has a white sticker with the model number printed on it covering some lettering below.  I can not read the other lettering, but it is in the same fashion that the serial number is.  The serial number is OK/not altered.

3) This guitar has the DigiQ-10W electronics in it.  The odd thing is that the guitar did not come with any instructions for the electronics.  I have played with it some, but I still would have thought that there would have been some sort of manual included.

Otherwise, I love this guitar.  It sounds great and looks just as nice.  I guess these couple of things have me a little nervous, just that I do not understand these few things I suppose.  It was bought from a authorized Washburn dealer and the salesman never said anything about it being either used(which it doesn't look to be at all) or reconditioned.(Which I probably couldn't tell even if I wanted too)

Thanks for the help,
Keep pickin'

Daniel
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 09:31:13 AM by Groundhawg »
D46CESP

Daniel

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
My D46CESP
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 09:38:39 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Groundhawg

1) I just noticed that there is no lug on the neck end for attaching the strap...I thought that was odd.  Should there not be one on there?  Does Washburn put that on or would that be a dealer thing?

Some models don't have come with a strap button. They can be easily installed. Search the forum for instructions.
quote:

2) The model number on the tag inside the body has a white sticker with the model number printed on it covering some lettering below.  I can not read the other lettering, but it is in the same fashion that the serial number is.  The serial number is OK/not altered.

I don't know about that... might be a manufacturer's reference number or something else.
quote:
3) This guitar has the DigiQ-10W electronics in it.  The odd thing is that the guitar did not come with any instructions for the electronics.  I have played with it some, but I still would have thought that there would have been some sort of manual included.

Yep... that's an issue that Washburn NEEDS to address and rectify!
(Take note Nick...)

Offline Groundhawg

• View Profile
My D46CESP
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 10:55:35 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply Rocket...makes me feel better somewhat.  I guess I was just afraid that I somehow got a 2nd or something...I sure hope not.

Anyway, the model number label inside reads D46CESPKIQ.

I guess that I failed to mention that this sticker is covering the spot on the tag where the model number would be printed and there is print under it.  I just wish I knew why it is there.

The serial number shows that it was made in 2008 I assume, at least from what I have read here so far.  The first two numbers are 08.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 10:58:32 AM by Groundhawg »
D46CESP

Daniel

Offline leighannh2

• View Profile
My D46CESP
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 03:09:09 PM »
I just bought the same guitar Daniel - are you still happy with yours?

Offline mcloud10

• View Profile
My D46CESP
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 04:13:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Daniel!

My C104SCE came with a B-Band manual for the A3T model.  I wonder why this model would be different?  Nick?

Did you get a manual with yours, Leigh Ann?

Mark

-------------------
'73 Washburn W240
'08 Washburn D10SCE
'08 Washburn D10QBK (Son's)
'09 Washburn C104SCE Classical
'89 Washburn C10N Classical
'73 Sivertone Model 319
'85 Ibanez DCL St.Chorus
Rocktron Compressor
DiMarzio Acoustic Pickup
Peavey Backstage Amp
Lots of Smiles ;)
-------------------
'71 Yamaha FG-300 (in restoration)
'73 Washburn W240
'08 Washburn D10SCE
'08 Washburn D10QBK (Son's)
'09 Washburn C104SCE Classical (Son's)
'10 Washburn WC150SW Classical
Washburn Rover RO20 Travel Guitar
Behringer ACX450

Offline leighannh2

• View Profile
My D46CESP
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 07:12:01 PM »
No, I've not been able to locate a manual.  There was a sticker on it with a short explanation, but I'd like more info.  For one thing, I can't get the tuner to work without plugging in an instrument cable.  Seems odd to me that you have to do that, there has to be a way around that.

Offline Deacon

• View Profile
    • http://www.dirkesfamily.com
My D46CESP
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 11:32:13 AM »
The one that I am looking at has the B-Band A3T preamp system, which makes me happy.  I put one in my J56SW and it sings!!
---
Jim Dirkes - aka Deacon
Charleston, SC
The Pack:
2006 Washburn J56SW Timbercraft
2004 Washburn D52SWCE Timbercraft
2005 Washburn D46SCE-12 Southwestern
2004 Washburn WD18SW Solid
2004 Washburn NV100C Classical
1996 Washburn D46S Cheyenne

The Rest:
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Classic