Username: Password:

Author Topic: D10 or D46CESP  (Read 3082 times)

Offline cubsfan61

• View Profile
D10 or D46CESP
« on: December 28, 2009, 10:41:52 AM »
Hi.  First off, there are no local Washburn dealers in my town, so I have been unable to compare these two in person. I'm a beginner who plans on taking some additional lessons to improve my guitar skills.  I found the D46CESP on Amazon for $480, which appears to be a very good price for this guitar (based on prices I've seen at other online sources).  I received the guitar and it's a beauty, but I've also read many glowing reviews for the D10S.  

I'm thinking that since the D46CESP has a much higher list price that it should be as good or better than the D10, but thought I would see what folks in the forum had to say.  I can still return the guitar to amazon.  It's not that I'm not happy with it.  Just want to make sure I get the best quality and value for my money.

Thanks!!

Kevin

Offline Tio Kimo

• you're never too old to be what you might've been
    • View Profile
D10 or D46CESP
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 11:08:45 AM »
Kevin,
Welcome to the forum....

If you're in Chicago (Cubs Fan?) I know where you can play a couple of D10's for comparison. They're not listed but I stumbled upon a place not too long ago.

While its great to get other users opinions, it will really come down to your ear.

Let me know if that might help.

cheers!

~kimo
http://www.oldtownschool.org/
'95 Washburn D-55SW Cherokee (Bourgeois)
'04 Larrivée LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
'02 Heritage 535
'12 Heritage 150
'10 Larrivée RS-2
'11 Benford Tele
'12 Kirn Barn Buster
Marshall AS50D
Little Lanilei 3350LT
Champlifier
Boogie DC-2

Offline cubsfan61

• View Profile
D10 or D46CESP
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 11:13:36 AM »
Thanks Kimo.

While I'm a Chicago Cubs fan, I actually live in Champaign, IL in central IL.  It's not that I'm dissatisfied with the D46CESP.  The southwestern accents are very nice and the sound and action seem good.  Just wanted to make sure the D10 wasn't a better guitar for a lower price.

Kevin

Offline Tio Kimo

• you're never too old to be what you might've been
    • View Profile
D10 or D46CESP
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 12:10:16 PM »
i get it. seems reasonable.

You'll find lits of folks on here gushing about the D10, myself included. When I found that shop, I took a few minutes to pick one up and was pleasantly surprised. Getting someone who's played both helps as  well, but again, the voicing/tone that moves me may hit you a bit differently.

Good luck, and either way, you're getting a lot of guitar for the money, and it should take you quite a ways down your path as you learn.

cheers!
http://www.oldtownschool.org/
'95 Washburn D-55SW Cherokee (Bourgeois)
'04 Larrivée LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
'02 Heritage 535
'12 Heritage 150
'10 Larrivée RS-2
'11 Benford Tele
'12 Kirn Barn Buster
Marshall AS50D
Little Lanilei 3350LT
Champlifier
Boogie DC-2