Username: Password:

Author Topic: WM24v??  (Read 4228 times)

Offline Bloodrose

• View Profile
WM24v??
« on: January 11, 2010, 05:40:07 PM »
I REALLY REALLY want a WM526, but cannot swing that much money.. So, Im looking hard at the WM24v.  They look killer too! And since they now have the Phenolic fretboard, I'll bet they are pretty sweet.  True??
 Normally if I see something selling super inexpensive on ebay, I would figure it to be subpar, but I know that Washburns dont seem to get the credit they deserve.

What are your thoughts on them?

Offline Bloodrose

• View Profile
WM24v??
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 05:24:07 PM »
No one has played one??  Maybe that is why they are so cheap on Ebay..

Offline BlueBuddha

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bluebuddha
WM24v??
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 05:34:46 PM »
its hard to play a guitar you can't find in any shops!!

What do you want to do tomorrow?

Offline Bloodrose

• View Profile
WM24v??
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 10:49:39 PM »
I understand!  Same reason Ive not played one.. Just figured maybe some owners would chime in.

Offline waynehahn

• View Profile
WM24v??
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 12:02:13 AM »
I bought one at a pawn shop recently.  Got it cheap, had it setup. One really bad thing about the guitar.  The high and low e strings are so close to the edge of the neck that it is difficult play without hitting the edge.  There is no sound worse than rolling a high e string over the edge of the neck.  I am trying to figure out how to adjust the spacing, but it does not look possible. Any way, the A string through the B string play great...  Any advice on adjusting a Floyd Rose bridge to change the space between strings?

Offline toddo

• View Profile
WM24v??
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 10:06:30 PM »
I bought a WM24V from Tim M. on ebay and love it, he still has a couple more for sale there which is why I bring it up.  I own several guitars, some way more expensive (Ibanez jem) and this is one of the best playing guitars I own, better than the jem in my opinion.  I also got the neck scalloped from another company I found on ebay Richie Blackmore style.  This made the phenolic fretboard even faster.  I'd definitely consider the 24V.

Offline Bloodrose

• View Profile
WM24v??
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 08:17:33 AM »
yeah, I bought one and LOVE it! It is the guitar I grab everyday now.  Im so thrilled with it, I broke down and bought a WM526. heehee

Offline moguitar7

• View Profile
WM24v??
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 10:59:46 AM »
I got my NOS black w/cream binding and Egnators one from Gearhounds.  Sounds great, the rosewood with star inlays is nice, no strings too close to the edge, thin neck great heel.  Lowered the action a little, will dress fret ends better.  Stretched the strings by wild whammy then used BFTS tuner.  Stable now for over a week.
sun come shining over the mountain!!!