Username: Password:

Author Topic: Which wi pro is best?  (Read 3104 times)

Offline jc2010

• View Profile
Which wi pro is best?
« on: May 27, 2010, 08:28:16 AM »
Hi all, after doing some research i want to upgrade guitar to one of the idol series, either wi66 pro, wi67 pro or wi66 e. i know they all have good reviews but i was wondering which (if any) you think are better, as i can get any for roughly the same price. Any advice or input would be much appreciated!

Offline Tio Kimo

• you're never too old to be what you might've been
    • View Profile
Which wi pro is best?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 11:39:24 AM »
the difference between the two is the cavity and the f-hole. This makes it look different and sound different(supposedly). Both of those are subjective, so it's not really possible to say one is better. Does an N4 sound better than a HB-15? It's a matter of opinion.

I'd love to run a -66 through my amp to compare it to a -67, then I could tell you HOW it sounds different, and you can decide if one would work better for you, sound wise. Also, the -67 was only offered a couple years, so there are less of them, if that matters to you.

Reality check.....with the various amps and pedals out there, you can tweak anything to dial in the sound you want. With the differences in these guitars so minimal, I'd think you should buy the one that looks the best to you, and be happy with it. You cannot go wrong with either, they are awesome guitars, and a great value.

For the record, I'm in love with my -67

(Chris, you knew this was coming......)

This is QTS (quilted tobacco sunburst), they also put out a Cherry sunburst, which I don't care for.

I hope to find a -66 at some point, as well, but I'll be surprised if there is a dramatic difference in sound.

Happy hunting.
http://www.oldtownschool.org/
'95 Washburn D-55SW Cherokee (Bourgeois)
'04 Larrivée LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
'02 Heritage 535
'12 Heritage 150
'10 Larrivée RS-2
'11 Benford Tele
'12 Kirn Barn Buster
Marshall AS50D
Little Lanilei 3350LT
Champlifier
Boogie DC-2

Offline jc2010

• View Profile
Which wi pro is best?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 03:35:35 PM »
Thanks vey much, was just a bit concerned as i've heard bad things about the wi67 with respect to buzzing issues. If any has any experience of both feel free to share! Still undecided.

Offline Tio Kimo

• you're never too old to be what you might've been
    • View Profile
Which wi pro is best?
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 12:58:59 AM »
2.5 years without an issue. that's all i can say in that regard. I'd not heard anything about a buzzing issue before.
http://www.oldtownschool.org/
'95 Washburn D-55SW Cherokee (Bourgeois)
'04 Larrivée LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
'02 Heritage 535
'12 Heritage 150
'10 Larrivée RS-2
'11 Benford Tele
'12 Kirn Barn Buster
Marshall AS50D
Little Lanilei 3350LT
Champlifier
Boogie DC-2

Offline cedwards

• View Profile
Which wi pro is best?
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 12:46:43 PM »
Thanks Kimo. Brightened up a gray Friday afternoon nicely. She really is something to behold!
Seize the Fish
WG2S, D10SCE, WI45, JM300S, Lyon L115
'70s Univox LP Copy