Username: Password:

Author Topic: PS7200?  (Read 5419 times)

Offline Bloodrose

• View Profile
PS7200?
« on: January 15, 2010, 10:54:19 PM »
How is the PS7200? I cant find it on the site.. Is it the top of the import line?  Is it dark sounding since there is no maple cap? Necks chunky or not??  Any other details?? Neck heel obtrusive? Stock Egnater pups good?   thanks
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 10:59:33 PM by Bloodrose »

Offline Bloodrose

• View Profile
PS7200?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 05:24:17 PM »
what are the inlays made of??

Offline Bloodrose

• View Profile
PS7200?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 08:21:43 PM »
Played one of these.. Very impressive!  Upper fret access is way better than a LP.  Nice chunky frets! I hate the fretless wonders. And the inlays were extremely well done.. I see almost no filler.. The fretboard looked more like rosewood than ebony, but def has a crisp snap.  Shape is kinda funky, but a VERY good player.  Id do a pup swap and live happily ever after..

Offline albertimusprime

• View Profile
PS7200?
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 09:50:54 AM »
I have a white PS7200, and I like it a lot.
I got it new at a closeout sale, for $500.
It had a broken saddle screw, but Washburn customer service sent me a entire replacement bridge right away (impressive!).
Love the shape and feel, heavy but not neck breaking, finish was near perfect (one blip on the binding at the top of the headstock.).
And the gig bag was a decent quality too.

Some say the stock pickups are underwhelming, but I like them well enough for now.
I have a set of open coil Seymour Duncans that I may put in at some point.

I have seen a few black ones pop up online, but not many white ones like mine.
I would also like to get the black flame PS7000.

Offline albertimusprime

• View Profile
PS7200?
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 10:03:39 AM »
oh, and the neck heel is not as slimmed down as my PS9000, but it is still sloped enough to offer better high fret access than a traditional LP body shape.

The neck is not chunky or slim, a nice in between feel.

Offline kim

• View Profile
Re: PS7200?
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 09:19:21 AM »
Hey guys,

anyone aware of any differences of the 2007 vs. the 2009 models? Especially for the PS-7200 in Black
On some picks, the only difference I can see is the additional inlay on the first fret.
Furthermore, I see a slight different color of the pickups (dark brown vs. black) but this might come from the picture.

Any other things? Is one model better than the other? I am asking cause I have the opportunity to buy either the one or the other...
 8)
THX
kim