Username: Password:

Author Topic: whatzit?  (Read 2245 times)

Offline rick farnsley

• View Profile
whatzit?
« on: January 21, 2010, 12:24:07 AM »
I'm bangin my head trying to nail down the model number on my festival series.  I bought it in 90 or 91.  Ser #909744, model EA303E(the last two are garbled but looks like TR).  She's got a beautiful red birdseye type finish, the body trim is brown w/ white pinstripe.  The fingerboard inlays are round and the p/u is EQ300 w/bass mid, treb and volume slide controls.
     If anybody know's exactly what I have I'd really appreciate it a lot.  Iv'e researched hi n lo! THANX1

Offline wrmurphy

• View Profile
whatzit?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 01:57:21 PM »
Rick, its usually best if you had some pictures. Somebody here would be able to ID your guitar. They're pretty sharp in that regard.Most people here use photobucket, its free.
murph

Offline Pike

• View Profile
whatzit?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 01:58:30 PM »
Hi Rick, welcome to the forum. Your Festival is probably a dealer specific variation of the EA30, thr TR being the translucent red. Here's the book info on that. Got any pics?

EA30 MONTEREY
- single sharp cutaway dreadnought style, spruce top, oval soundhole, bound body, three-stripe
purfling, five-stripe rosette, flame maple back/sides, mahogany neck, 21-fret rosewood fingerboard,
rosewood bridge with white pearl dot pins, three-per-side chrome diecast tuners, acoustic bridge
pickup, volume/tone control, 3-band EQ, available in Natural, Trans. Red, Trans. Blue, or Trans. Black
finishes, late 1980s-1991.
Grading
 100% ----Excellent -----Average
-N/A -----$325 - 375 --$175 - 225
Last MSR was $730.

Offline rick farnsley

• View Profile
whatzit?
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 04:37:44 PM »
Murph and Pike, thanks much for the response.  I just got on the net a couple of weeks ago and don't have a camera or scanner. I forgot to mention that the aforementioned is a thin body. Duh-ert.

Thanks again, glad I foun the forum!

Offline gtracer

• View Profile
whatzit?
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 06:22:26 PM »
Welcome Rick!  Pike already provided all the information.  All I can add is that the EA303E is acutally EA30BE.  The BE stands for bird's eye maple (whole body).  Which they made a run of maybe at least 300 or so in 1990.  Some of them actually have 2 serial #'s.  The other one would also start with 90, but will be 7 digits.
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE FESTIVAL GUILD

Offline Pike

• View Profile
whatzit?
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 01:03:35 AM »
Ah, thanks for clearing that up gtracer.