Username: Password:

Author Topic: 1996 Paramount  (Read 20196 times)

Offline nogin007

• View Profile
Re: 1996 Paramount
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 09:18:19 AM »
Do you have any numbers on it? Show a picture of the neckblock. Are you saying it's a guitar built by DB?

Offline niagarabill

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 09:39:16 AM »
 hello .....no there is no # or label or any markings inside ......I was told by a very knowledged collector  it could be an earlier D.B  ?....its a great toned guitar , cedar top ,rosewood sides and back . There are a lot of similarities towards a D.B guitar  in his earlier stages .

is this a Dana.B   ?  ....cheers and thanks for any input !

Offline ship of fools

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 12:26:14 PM »
I am afraid its not a Dana B guitar, Dana clearly marked all of his guitars from the time he started, with all of those inlays I would think that its made somewhere in Asia Philippine's , Thailand somewhere around there. Those inlays just scream Asian.
Dana started building in the late 70's and started to build with Martin,Paul Reed, Gibson and started building for himself around 1995 and then built some for Washburn in 95/96 and has built for himself since.
ship
Retired Musician, Numismatic,
Retired and living the good life

Offline niagarabill

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 01:09:58 PM »
thanks Ship !.....I had my doubts about it as well  but had to ask .........the name .....the butterfly bridge ......the inlay ....headstock  although slightly different  , its just got a bit of a washburn flavor to it .  Plays decent nice and bright  but the neck inlay makes me want to order  chinese food !..............cheers ! ....thanks     

Offline Zed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 02:04:44 PM »
Here are two shots of our D-96 SW: {From the Washburn Acoustic Guitar Collection}

[:)]

Beautiful guitar ... how many is it made?

Offline OwariAsahi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 12:39:20 AM »
Niagrabill-
Looks like an Antoniotsai custom special. About a $200 to someone who wants a fancy wallhanger.

But I could be incorrect.