Username: Password:

Author Topic: J27SCE  (Read 5403 times)

Offline franknlisa4

• View Profile
J27SCE
« on: February 21, 2010, 02:32:16 PM »
I just bought this Washburn J27CEK series guitar, but when I got it, the stamp inside says j27SCE, what's the difference?  Also, there is a slight buzz when i'm strumming hard. One more thing, the pick guard is coming up at one end, what is a good glue (if any) to get it back down again?

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
J27SCE
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 04:22:48 PM »
K = comes with case.

Offline excolatur

• View Profile
J27SCE
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 02:41:56 AM »
I recently bought the same guitar and mine also says J27SCE. I called Washburn and they said S in the model number indicates that the guitar is made of solid wood. However, this guitar is laminate and is not solid, and he told me that the J27SCE is a misprint.

I also have the same problem with the pick guard coming off at the edge closest to the neck. And the strap hook at the bottom of the guitar came out when I tried to put my strap on. Good thing I was doing I realized that it came off as I was standing up or it would've taken 3ft fall. I purchased mine from Musicians Friend and they were happy enough to replace it. Hopefully, this one won't have the same problems.

But reading that you have similar problems with this guitar is making me think that these guitars weren't built well, which is a pity for a guitar that is listed at $1199.99.

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
J27SCE
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 08:12:35 AM »
S = Solid top.
Pin at bottom is not strap hook, it's a tapered endpin... it's supposed to come out. It's easily replaced with a standard strap button though.

Offline excolatur

• View Profile
J27SCE
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 04:13:54 PM »
Ah, my ignorance.. thanks for the info. Weirdly, on the replacement guitar I just received, the endpin is glued in.

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
J27SCE
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 04:52:50 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by excolatur

Ah, my ignorance.. thanks for the info. Weirdly, on the replacement guitar I just received, the endpin is glued in.

That's another way to go... drop-O-glue does the trick.

Offline lisalingoband

• View Profile
    • http://reverbnation.com
J27SCE
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 10:32:01 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by excolatur

I recently bought the same guitar and mine also says J27SCE. I called Washburn and they said S in the model number indicates that the guitar is made of solid wood. However, this guitar is laminate and is not solid, and he told me that the J27SCE is a misprint.

I also have the same problem with the pick guard coming off at the edge closest to the neck. And the strap hook at the bottom of the guitar came out when I tried to put my strap on. Good thing I was doing I realized that it came off as I was standing up or it would've taken 3ft fall. I purchased mine from Musicians Friend and they were happy enough to replace it. Hopefully, this one won't have the same problems.

But reading that you have similar problems with this guitar is making me think that these guitars weren't built well, which is a pity for a guitar that is listed at $1199.99.

Lisa Lingo