Username: Password:

Author Topic: Beckmen imports  (Read 2959 times)

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Beckmen imports
« on: February 24, 2010, 04:55:21 AM »
These are the first modern era guitars Washburn produced beginning in 1974. Imported by Beckmen Musical Instruments of Los Angeles, CA.. The spruce/brazillian rosewood W-600, partially shown on the first page, and also shown elsewhere in the Vintage/Rare section, was another of these.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 05:11:02 AM by Pike »

Offline DontTreadOnMe

• View Profile
Beckmen imports
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 09:36:36 PM »
So that's where it all started... the Sofa photo's... although that does not look like a comfy sofa, the guitars look awesome!  I'm a sucker for a traditional acoustic design, and the various wood grains are all unique. I'd love to see the sides and backs of these beauties.
DTOM (The poster formerly known as G-reg)

Guitars, I have a few - but then again, too few to mention

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Beckmen imports
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 09:48:30 PM »

quote:
I'd love to see the sides and backs of these beauties.

Here's one of 'em Greg...

http://forums.washburn.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17350

Offline Graystar

• View Profile
Beckmen imports
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 05:18:07 AM »
I have another early Beckmen import.  It is a 12 string dreadnought looking and constructed similar to the Washburn W-220 model.... the inside label reading in large block letters Delta (model name-as on the headstock) and below that Beckmen Musical Instruments Inc and made in Japan.  The bridge has a trapeze tailpiece with bone saddle.  Made, I assume in the early to mid 70's.  What I am wondering if is anyone knows if it was manufactured in the same factory as these early Washburns and where that might have been in Japan.

Offline DontTreadOnMe

• View Profile
Beckmen imports
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 08:54:30 AM »
Graystar, welcome to the forum.  Do a search on 'Yamaki', that's the factory that BMI imported from.  How about some pictures?

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Beckmen imports
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 01:33:34 PM »
The Beckmen imports were built by the Terada company, pre Yamaki....

Offline 126paul

• View Profile
Beckmen imports
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 08:53:14 PM »
I own a washburn W 280 (amazing tone and action my favorite guitar to just pick up and play) and was hoping that someone might have some info on it. I know practically nothing about it. What year was it manufactured? what would be the replacement cost for it (basically what is its value)?, where I could find someone to do some restoration on it, or if I should have it restored since it plays well and any restoration would just be cosmetic. if anyone has any info on it I would appreciate it greatly thanks! oh the label inside the sound hole says that the style # is W 280 and the serial # is 502 thanks again

Offline DontTreadOnMe

• View Profile
Beckmen imports
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 10:18:55 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Paul.  Sounds like you've got a sweet instrument.  There's folks here on the forum that can help, also check out http://www.vintagewashburn.com/index.html

Maybe start another thread with 'W 280' in the title, that will probably attract some attention.

Offline shocker bolt

• View Profile
Beckmen imports
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 01:19:24 PM »
ok, new member here, i have researched but can not find enough info on my six string and need some help. i have a delta from beckmen music co. its japan made and says ds 173. iv'e found plenty of info on beckmen,tarada, terada, yamaki and even washburn (i have one of their 12 strings) there is also a # at the base of the neck; 4905 09
google leads me to all of these places but i still dont know where mine came from. i'm at work today and dont have pics to include right now. anyone?
Shocker bolt

Offline shocker bolt

• View Profile
Beckmen imports
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 05:56:31 PM »
am I posting right or is it that no one has an answer?
Shocker bolt

Offline Pining

• View Profile
Beckmen imports
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 08:51:04 PM »
Nothing wrong with your post, Shocker. Give it a week or so and see what turns up.
Did you look at the thread listed 3 posts above, to see if it was of any help?
Also check the search function to the right at the top of the page.

Offline shocker bolt

• View Profile
Beckmen imports
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 05:39:32 PM »
good advice, I'll try those....thanks!
Shocker bolt