Username: Password:

Author Topic: Acoustic Artists  (Read 7316 times)

Offline Paulcc1

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/paulciampaglia
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2010, 06:12:46 AM »
Worship leaders in  churches they are seen every week by young people. It's about time they got rid of their Taylors.
Washburn D10SCEDLK
Washburn C64SCE
Washburn Rover RO10
Ovation Adamas W597
Fender Custom Tele
Fender Acoustasonic
Vox DA20

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.washburn.com
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2010, 08:38:39 AM »
Thanks for all the input guys.  It's nice to get a different perspective once in a while.

Offline Zeroroaster

• View Profile
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2010, 09:04:00 AM »

Seriously Nick, Paulcc1 brings up an EXCELLENT point. Aside from worshiping the Lord, church is BIG, BIG business. In fact, it's so big it's terrifying. Even around here, in rural Alberta, these guys are all packing Martins, and the congregation will do whatever Pastor Dude says. Personally, I've never hit that market as I have a thing about using God for personal gain or benefit, but obviously there's a whole stack of people who have no such reservations.

Now, being a shyster aside. When we have dealt with religion and sold them stuff they actually did need, the cheque NEVER bounces...then again, in God we Trust, everyone else pays cash, card, or debit.
No matter how much your guitar cost, if you suck, you suck.

Offline mcloud10

• View Profile
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2010, 09:06:33 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Paulcc1

Worship leaders in  churches they are seen every week by young people. It's about time they got rid of their Taylors.

Too true!  My niece plays a Taylor 310CE in her church.  I showed her my D10SCE, and, of course, she acted like she wasn't impressed.  The D10 played very comparably with the Taylor.  She did go on and on about the Expression System, which seems to be a very nice pickup system.

Now that I've added Elixr strings and a Tusq saddle, my D10 really shines.  It sounds every bit as rich as the Taylor, acoustically.  I haven't heard her Taylor amped.

I play my D10 and C104SCE twice a week at church services.  Many have remarked at the rich tone of my guitars.  I went halves with my son, who wanted a guitar for his birthday.  He plays that all over with his friends.  When playing guitar at home with his friends, he'll grab my '73 W240 12 string and play it.  They're always Wowed! by the deep sound of that 12.

Taylor does make a fine guitar, but really, the Washburn design, with the right saddle/setup and tweaks, can hold its own and then some.

Mark

-------------------
'73 Washburn W240
'08 Washburn D10SCE
'08 Washburn D10QBK (Son's)
'09 Washburn C104SCE Classical
'89 Washburn C10N Classical
'73 Sivertone Model 319
'85 Ibanez DCL St.Chorus
Rocktron Compressor
DiMarzio Acoustic Pickup
Peavey Backstage Amp