Username: Password:

Author Topic: Acoustic Artists  (Read 7305 times)

Offline Paulcc1

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/paulciampaglia
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 06:09:23 AM »
Chris Tomlin
Washburn D10SCEDLK
Washburn C64SCE
Washburn Rover RO10
Ovation Adamas W597
Fender Custom Tele
Fender Acoustasonic
Vox DA20

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 07:22:35 AM »
quote:

I vote for magoo! Dude is playing live all the time, in a community with a brick and mortar store that carries Washburns in inventory. Make it a journeymans axe. THAT sells.

KIMO, You the man....LMAO

I'm thinking Pike is gonna  vote for his old Buddie SHIP...LOL

Offline Toaster20

• Eat More Toast
    • View Profile
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 07:27:35 AM »
Warren Haynes

Offline Junior88

• The young gun
    • View Profile
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 08:25:50 AM »
Jack Johnson.

Washburn N2, Washburn F10S
I've got some other stuff too.. Everything from guitars to a Balalaika.

Official Ambassador to all new Junior Members (U-17)

Offline Zeroroaster

• View Profile
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 09:03:07 AM »

In all seriousness Nick, you could do a lot worse in advertising than giving a Washburn mando to Magoo. Mandos in Newfoundland are a BIG deal. Well, acoustics of any kind really. That's their thing. You want to sell guitars, putting them in the hands of big guns isn't necessarily the best idea. They don't give a damn about you or your product, they can have anything they want....and many of them use customs anyhow.

You want to sell to the masses, market through the masses. Magoo gigs all the time. His band is all over the place. That puts your product, at your price range, right in the faces and hands of the people who are looking for them. How do I know? If I want to sell a guitar here, I take it to one jam, one gig, or teach with it here for a couple of days...sold, gone. If it's good enough for me, it's good enough for them.

The Maritimes is an enormous acoustic market (why do you think we want to get back there so bad?)...well, ok, family, lobster, and great kitchen jams have alot to do with it too. But face it, I'll do ten times the business there than I do in Alberta...they REALLY play, all the time.

You guys spend more for your staples and paper clips than you do for your mandolins...ship a nice one to Magoo.
No matter how much your guitar cost, if you suck, you suck.

Offline piebaldpython

• View Profile
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 09:11:08 AM »
OK Nick.....you have to get a gal (Sheryl Crow-ish, Jewel-ish or Carrie Underwood-ish) endorse one of your acoustic gits.  She doesn't have to be famous for her git playing, she just has to play your git.

A woman endorspr scores on two fronts.  First, it attracts FEMALES who would/maybe identify with her.  Second, unless she's singing nothing by melodically vapid songs, she'll attract the attention of GUYS who think....hey, she's cute and she ain't half-bad on that git.  Which translated to $$$'s for Washburn because that guy will buy his gal THAT git.  

A year or so ago, there was a clip of Jewel playing a RESO and all of us reso fanatics tripped all over ourselves in delight at a COOL gal playing a reso.

BTW....get ORIANTHI to endorse your Washburn electric gits.  Young, cute and she can flat out PLAY
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 09:12:57 AM by piebaldpython »

Offline Zeroroaster

• View Profile
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 09:19:18 AM »

I'm not so sure about that PBP. When Ovations came out, they really hit hard with the female players too. So much so, we nicknamed them (no offense here ladies) 'Ovulations'. Anyhew, after that Ovation could've built a death metal axe and none of us would've gone near it.

Not that I don't admire a lady who can really burn, but a guy won't buy that same guitar. I watch these young people, old people, whoever shop for guitars all the time. It's intensely personal, and the guys are the guys, the girls are the girls.

As for people like Orianthi, well, she's an ok player, but certainly no Eddie V. Often, the problem is that she is a good looking girl and we're willing to factor that in to how good of a player she is or isn't, and that is VERY wrong.

So, here we are...square one again...send a mando to Magoo.

Offline Toaster20

• Eat More Toast
    • View Profile
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 10:04:10 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Zeroroaster

So, here we are...square one again...send a mando to Magoo.

How's he look in a bikini?

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 10:28:57 AM »
quote:
How's he look in a bikini?

LAMO
Lets not even go there...LOL

Offline Junior88

• The young gun
    • View Profile
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 11:13:38 AM »
I agree with them, get the small guys to start playing. Send em a guit, a tee shirt and a hat, they will be happy, and your guitars get way more exposure. A couple hunred people 3 times a week, with twenty or so artists, not bad exposure.

Hell, even my rockband teacher, and my lessons teacher have been taking 2 looks at my F10S..

Send Magoo one! (We are all trying to get you a free Mando man, just remember that [;)] )

Washburn N2, Washburn F10S
I've got some other stuff too.. Everything from guitars to a Balalaika.

Official Ambassador to all new Junior Members (U-17)

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 11:27:58 AM »
quote:

When Ovations came out, they really hit hard with the female players too. So much so, we nicknamed them (no offense here ladies) 'Ovulations'. Anyhew, after that Ovation could've built a death metal axe and none of us would've gone near it.

HEY!
I've still got a couple of the customs provided to me back in the day when I had a pretty sweet endorsement hook with them. They treated a nobody like a somebody, took input, and kept me stocked with very nice accoutrements.
Even tho I've never received a dime & don't use their products anymore I'll always have fond memories of Ovation, KMC, & Charlie Kaman.
If, for no other reason... they were fun & easy.

Offline Zeroroaster

• View Profile
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 02:04:08 PM »

Well that's good to know Rocket..see how perception gets skewered? Very interesting indeed.

As for the fun and easy part, that described alot of the girls who played Ovations too...not meaning anything, just sayin'.[;)]

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 02:18:43 PM »
quote:

As for the fun and easy part, that described alot of the girls who played Ovations too...not meaning anything, just sayin'.

Who & where were they hiding?
(I was fun & easy too... but I toted a couple of very manly Glen Campbell Specials!)

Offline Zeroroaster

• View Profile
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2010, 12:18:34 AM »

Geez Rocket it's not like I knew them personally or anything...[;)]

Actually, I confess, I did know a few...not my type, but fun to party with for sure. They were doing that whole folky/granola/whatever thing. I counted less flakes in my box of Raisin Bran than on that tour circuit..heh, heh. Regardless, they were singing about the good life, partying extensively and strumming Ovations. Luckily, I was merely a hired gun and when the gig was over, I could go cleanse myself with some Blue Oyster Cult.

So the Glen Campbell model hunh? Wow...that's manly alright!

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Acoustic Artists
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2010, 04:24:38 AM »
quote:
I toted a couple of very manly Glen Campbell Specials!)
Still have one of those Rocket?