Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn EA26 signature model  (Read 6168 times)

Offline Thechief59

• View Profile
Washburn EA26 signature model
« on: March 03, 2010, 08:01:06 AM »
Hi everyone out there, i have here a Craig Chiquito signature model EA26 in white(6 string). I bought it in the USA, had it shipped to UK. Very sadly it arrived with a broken neck, ie the headstock snapped off, fortuantly it was a clean half break but i think it can be repaired, at the time i was incolsolable, the guitar was immaculate, equis gold 3 electrics has anyone got any info on this model. regards thechief59

Offline gtracer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 10:02:03 PM »
Probably later run ('98-99), made in Korea.  Should also have gold Grovers.
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE FESTIVAL GUILD

Offline Thechief59

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 11:59:08 AM »
Hi gtracer yes it has gold grovers, guitar has been re glued and pinned and screwed all solid again now, just re-strung it again with a set if exra light gauge strings,great sound amped but not comfy to play on the neck.

Offline radiomatts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 02:02:42 AM »
I was working at Tower Records in Chicago in 93 when Craig Chaquico's first album came out.  He had the EA 26 then.  I even played it. It was a great guitar.  I have an EA 36 that kicks ass too.

Offline terje o

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 04:07:06 AM »
Hello all! I'm new here and pleased to finally find the EA26 - a forum, of course! Anybody here to shed some light on the XLR/Jack interchange? I never succeeded finding any doc. as I don't have any clue even where the previous owner lives or nothing - and price value in dollars year 2000. Around then  there was a mistake somewhere; my grand custom made monster no-brand acc was gone and I had this EA26 - a totally different idea of guitar, but still an enduring love affair - so far! All good to You players from the still cold Oslo, Norway!
terje o

Offline black70bird

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 10:42:12 PM »
I just recently aquired a Washburn EA26 Craig Chaquito signature model. I just put on a set of DR Dragon Skins. It is a 1996 year guitar. Love the tone.
Washburn EA26
Alvarez RD20
Mitchell MD100CE