Username: Password:

Author Topic: What do I have and how old is it.  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Albert

• View Profile
What do I have and how old is it.
« on: March 08, 2010, 11:29:55 PM »
I have just bought a banjo ukulele that's a George Washburn  improvise George Washborn with a banjo on the dowel and burned in # 825. Round drum is 11 in diameter Neck w/frets length is 9 Top with string knobs is 5, Overall length is 23, Depth chrome portion is 3 with a space between the tone ring and body, 4 tuning keys and a star on the headstock. It has 24 brackets.Do you have any idea what it is and when was it made? It's a sweet instrument and plays well.
Albert

Offline svgustin

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 03:19:08 AM »
gee whiz....post a pic! that sounds too cool. But, sorry I have absolutely no idea what it is or how old for that matter. Hope somebody around here can answer for ya!Washburn WD54SW
Gold Tone(PBSM)Resonator
2006 Collings MT Mandolin
2009 Bourgeois D-150

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 06:48:45 AM »
sorry Albert, I can't help you either..there is one guy here that knows  a lot about this stuff. maybe he will be by sometime.
I sure would like to see a pic also.
Welcome to the forum.

Oh, I might add the is a site on the www for vintage washburn instruments...there is also a forum here for vintage washburns might be a good thing to try these places.
Cheers
Magoo

Offline will77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 01:43:01 AM »
i have a banjo as well washburn 5150 looks real old has open back? can anyone help me with info

Offline will77

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 03:02:28 AM »
here are the pics ... please give me some info on it .. it will be greatly appreciated.. if possible what would be its appraisal approx?

Offline will77

• View Profile

Offline shoveller

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 12:35:43 PM »
Will,
What's the scale length? I think it's a plectrum banjo - plectrum banjos are four string, typically have 22 frets (like yours) and a scale length of 26 to 28 inches.

Sorry, can't help  you with the age.