Username: Password:

Author Topic: Questionnaire  (Read 11879 times)

Offline mswhat298

• View Profile
Questionnaire
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2010, 10:22:24 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by RocketAlthough I've recently retired, I'm still under an active production contract until later this year that sets restrictions on how & where I can perform. Although YouTube is currently off limits to me, my production Co could post there if they choose to. If they're not getting compensation, I don't see it happening.

I hope you'll do a Youtube performance for us when your contract is up.  Do you have cd's out there for sale?

Mike W.
--------
WD7SCE
FG-331 Yamaha
Harmony Marquis Banjo

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Questionnaire
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2010, 11:01:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by mswhat298

I hope you'll do a Youtube performance for us when your contract is up.  Do you have cd's out there for sale?

Why YouTube... what's the big deal with YouTube?

Besides, you don't even know what I do. I'm not a solo, (or acoustic,) performer. Like hundreds of thousands of other nondescript musicians, I'm a band/session electric rhythm player... I think you'd find what I do quite boring & repetitive (but that's the nature of the beast.)

I have attempted to post some lessonage in the past but I learned that it tended to more alienate & put off some members so I haven't done it again.

I've posted some free music downloads from one CD that I did with a local band years ago... it's kinda raw, but good stuff.

Do a forum search for more.

Offline mswhat298

• View Profile
Questionnaire
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2010, 12:39:24 PM »
Youtube's easy, free and the norm for video posting.  I don't know why anyone would bother with anything else.

Awesome...good sound, I really like it a lot.  Thanks for the link.  

I guess you're right, rhythm guitar may not make for exciting solo stuff.  Boring and repetitive might apply in that context but I'd like to see some bands try to get along without a rhythm player.

Funny this came up, I was actually just watching a video (on youtube) yesterday on a rhythm guitar lesson.  It ain't easy to do it right and I've been stumped on a few songs lately.  

If you decide to put of more lessonage let me know.  I won't be put off. [:p]

Later,

Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Rocket

quote:
Originally posted by mswhat298

Why YouTube... what's the big deal with YouTube?

Besides, you don't even know what I do. I'm not a solo, (or acoustic,) performer. Like hundreds of thousands of other nondescript musicians, I'm a band/session electric rhythm player... I think you'd find what I do quite boring & repetitive (but that's the nature of the beast.)

I have attempted to post some lessonage in the past but I learned that it tended to more alienate & put off some members so I haven't done it again.

I've posted some free music downloads from one CD that I did with a local band years ago... it's kinda raw, but good stuff.

Do a forum search for more.

Mike W.
--------
WD7SCE
FG-331 Yamaha
Harmony Marquis Banjo
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:40:05 PM by mswhat298 »