Username: Password:

Author Topic: WM526 B in England?  (Read 5922 times)

Offline Slashpepper

• View Profile
WM526 B in England?
« on: April 15, 2010, 04:38:32 AM »
Hi guys/gals,

I've been a long time user of my Idol WI64, best guitar I ever bought! However, I thought I'd move up into the Washburn range as nothing else really matches them. Ibanez are close, but just they don't have the looks.

Anyone know how to get a black WM526 in England? All the dealers keep saying that they've been discontinued (although I know they haven't, it was mentioned in another thread) is there any way of getting them imported?

Washburns just don't seem to be very popular over here, saw a nice N4 in one guitar shop in Nottingham and the owner loves them. Bizzare situation.

I'm going to have to get famous and advertise the hell out of them!

Washburn WI556
Washburn WI320 PRO
Washburn WI64

Offline Slashpepper

• View Profile
WM526 B in England?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 04:54:26 AM »
Hmm, just seen Birdfunk's thread. Dammit. That's going to cause issues. May be able to get a green one and get it resprayed... May be quite the project.

Washburn WI556
Washburn WI320 PRO
Washburn WI64

Offline BlueBuddha

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bluebuddha
WM526 B in England?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 04:57:59 AM »
contact Jon and Funky Monkey, i'm sure if anyone can help, its him. say Matt sent you :D

Offline vheissu

• View Profile
WM526 B in England?
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 05:11:04 AM »
Have you tried GAK at all? http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com. I have never found them to be anything but helpful! They definitely seem to know their stuff.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 05:12:24 AM by vheissu »

Offline BlueBuddha

• View Profile
WM526 B in England?
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 05:20:07 AM »
man i went to gak every week for 3 years when i was at Uni in brighton, they're useless and all their washburns are over priced!

Offline Slashpepper

• View Profile
WM526 B in England?
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 05:30:23 AM »
Tried GAK, they have other models but not that one, though their website looks horribly cheap. Apparently (through a local guitar shop that's been digging for me) the Washburn suppliers here in England only have the green and an x-display red one. I'll see how much they cost. DV247 have them on their website but doesn't look like they're in stock. Have sent them an e-mail to see what I find.

If that red one is in good condition that might be a good price. Have a good idea for a blood splatter paint job that might suit it. Hell, could go the whole hog and get some red vai-esque lights in the side fret markers.

Will investigate Funky Munky... Awesome support, thanks guys. It was either this or the slightly cheaper Ibanez RGA220z. The Washburn's are far nicer in my opinion.

Washburn WI556
Washburn WI320 PRO
Washburn WI64

Offline BlueBuddha

• View Profile
WM526 B in England?
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 05:34:14 AM »
importing it will be WAYYY cheaper than buying here too

Offline Slashpepper

• View Profile
WM526 B in England?
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 05:37:12 AM »
How would one go about importing it?

Washburn WI556
Washburn WI320 PRO
Washburn WI64

Offline vheissu

• View Profile
WM526 B in England?
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 07:09:08 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by BlueBuddha

man i went to gak every week for 3 years when i was at Uni in brighton, they're useless and all their washburns are over priced!

I dunno man. I've only had emails/calls with them, but they've always seemed helpful and knowledgeable to me. Maybe it's changed since you were there? Maybe I just got the 1 or 2 people that actually know their s**t? Who knoews.
As for the prices, they are the best I have found for the models I am looking at getting (X50PROFE and WM24VF). Now I just need the moula [:p]

Ben

Offline Slashpepper

• View Profile
WM526 B in England?
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 01:42:24 PM »
Turns out DV247 get them from the same supplier as everyone else, soundtech.co.uk (for anyone trying to get in-production Washburns in England in the future - they're the ones with the green ones) DV247 are going to remove it from the website now. Tsch.

Should be interesting to see what Funky Monkey can do, it's hard to believe with the exchange rate that it'd be cheaper. Here's hoping though!

I'm really impressed with this forum so far, I think I'm gonna be hanging round here quite a bit!

Washburn WI556
Washburn WI320 PRO
Washburn WI64

Offline Slashpepper

• View Profile
WM526 B in England?
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 04:31:08 AM »
Just as an update, got myself a shiney new black WM556 (last one in the Country, phew). Got my hands on both that and the WM526 in green... Turns out I much preferred the Idol shape, the 526 was a bit too flat and uninteresting comparitively. Though there's currently a race on in the guitar store to raise enough money to buy the 526, they're obsessed with it!

Also, Funky Munky is amazingly helpful, really highly recommended even if I didn't end up buying through them. They e-mailed to to say they'd found a 526 the day after I bought my 556 too. I felt really bad.

The necks on these gutars are insane, a lot thicker than I'd expected but the parker fretboards are amazing! It's hard not to bend every note into oblivion. Every guitar should have these!

Washburn WI556
Washburn WI320 PRO
Washburn WI64

Washburn WI556
Washburn WI320 PRO
Washburn WI64

Offline ncmreynolds

• View Profile
WM526 B in England?
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 04:51:48 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Slashpepper

Though there's currently a race on in the guitar store to raise enough money to buy the 526, they're obsessed with it!

What sort of money is it? I fancy one but they're usually horrifically pricey in the UK and import duty etc. bumps the price right up if you order from Funky Monkey in the US.

2 EC29s, 2 KC90s, NX3, G2-V, RR2-V and a whole load of Indies
<hr noshade size=1>
2 EC29s, RS10-V, RS8-V,  RR2-V, and a whole load of Indies

Offline Slashpepper

• View Profile
WM526 B in England?
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 05:09:25 AM »
um, $1,399 I believe, they knocked $100 off of the price I paid for mine the next week. Grr.

Washburn WI556
Washburn WI320 PRO
Washburn WI64

Washburn WI556
Washburn WI320 PRO
Washburn WI64