Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn Hauser classical  (Read 7421 times)

Offline kwne

• View Profile
Washburn Hauser classical
« on: April 30, 2010, 09:47:47 PM »
Anyone out there have a Hauser model classical or know of someone who does?  Any interest in selling it? Does anyone have detailed history/info concerning this model classical guitar?

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 11:16:38 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kwne

Anyone out there have a Hauser model classical or know of someone who does?  Any interest in selling it?

I own a handmade Darren Hippner Hauser classical....not sure I'm interested in selling it or that you'd be interested in buying it, it's pretty expensive.  Concert grade redwood over Brazilian Rosewood....

Why are you asking? What do you want to know about the Hauser models?

Dugly [8D]

YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, retired & attempting to age disgracefully!!
Washburns: WD32S, WD32SW. D61SW, and C124SW
Other fine acoustic guitars by Breedlove (custom shop Revival Series 000), Darren Hippner (#506), Takamini (2005 LTD), Epiphone (Masterbilt AJ500RC), and Yamaha (G231-II)

YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline mcloud10

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 07:31:20 AM »
Do a google search or Hauser, Torres, Rodriguez or Fleta and you will find a lot of information on each.

-------------------
'73 Washburn W240
'08 Washburn D10SCE
'08 Washburn D10QBK (Son's)
'09 Washburn C104SCE Classical
'89 Washburn C10N Classical
'73 Sivertone Model 319
'85 Ibanez DCL St.Chorus
Rocktron Compressor
DiMarzio Acoustic Pickup
Peavey Backstage Amp
Lots of Smiles ;)
-------------------
'71 Yamaha FG-300 (in restoration)
'73 Washburn W240
'08 Washburn D10SCE
'08 Washburn D10QBK (Son's)
'09 Washburn C104SCE Classical (Son's)
'10 Washburn WC150SW Classical
Washburn Rover RO20 Travel Guitar
Behringer ACX450

Offline kwne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 08:28:32 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kwne

Anyone out there have a Hauser model classical or know of someone who does?  Any interest in selling it? Does anyone have detailed history/info concerning this model classical guitar?

I was probably not clear in my original question.  I am referring to a Washburn brand Hauser Copy.  These are excellent classical guitars made by Washburn in the late 70's and early 80's.  I have one and would like a second one.  I think of the one I have as a concert level instrument.  I do have hand-made classicals, and this guitar is comparable to them.  It appears to be handmade....Very high quality....Great sound.  I have read a little about them, but information on these is difficult to find...What I have found is very similar to what I describe.  It is a great guitar.  I have never seen one, other than mine.

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 09:53:14 AM »
We're all about Washburns around here!

Please tell us more about your Washburn classical guitar--Model number, etc.......and we really like photos, too!

Additionally, there is a Vintage and Rare Washburns board on which you might want to search and perhaps post--it's not the place to try to locate one, but our moderator started the board so that rare instruments such as your Washburn classical might be featured.  I doubt you'll find yours there, but until we know at least a model number, we won't know.

Also, there is an Acoustic Guitarists Post Comments and Questions board where you might be able to inquire about the specifics regarding the manufacture and value of your current Washburn classical.....we have a few historians who provide that sort of information.  In addition, one of our members has a huge collection of Washburns and might know something about the guitar you have...it's worth a try!

Cheers!

Dugly [8D]

YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, retired & attempting to age disgracefully!!
Washburns: WD32S, WD32SW. D61SW, and C124SW
Other fine acoustic guitars by Breedlove (custom shop Revival Series 000), Darren Hippner (#506), Takamini (2005 LTD), Epiphone (Masterbilt AJ500RC), and Yamaha (G231-II)

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:58:14 AM by YerDugliness »
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline kwne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 10:05:29 AM »
The information on the sticker: Master Classic; Hauser Design; Serial No. 820701; Handcrafted.  The back and sides look like Brazilian Rosewood.  The top is spruce.  I will try to get a photo soon and post it.  It is my favorite guitar.

Offline kwne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 10:16:19 AM »
A little more specific information on this guitar...The design and serial number are written by hand on the sticker.  It also says Handcrafted in the Washburn Tradition of Chicago followed by a handwritten signature...Mack Umim or Mack Union...It is hard to tell exactly what the last name is.  The handwritten stuff is all in red marker or pen.

Offline samuel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 06:30:09 AM »
hello
These are excellent classical guitars

Offline greygoose625

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 11:13:14 PM »
I have the washburn hauser serial starts 81.  It's a good work horse & as strong as a Mac Truck.  I've performed on public radio & in Italy on this guitar.  Been using it at my resturant gig where a waiter crashed into my mic & hit my gtr......no damage.  Visit my web at janeguitar.com to link to utube where I perform on my Hauser.  Also have Jose Rameriz 1976 2A with cedar top....nice....but very fragile.....jane........

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 11:38:46 PM »
Beautiful pickin' Jane. Nice to see you here...

Online wrmurphy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 03:36:04 PM »
I like your graceful style, welcome aboard Jane.

Murph

Offline Blackdogxx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 10:18:15 AM »
I own a Washburn Fleta model classical from 1979-80. It was sold by a local guitar shop owned by a concert guitarist who started the guitar program at Virginia Commonwealth University. He has dealt classical guitars for 30 years and remembered the Fleta and Hauser models that were sold in his shop.
He told me that they are solid woods, well made, were priced around 700-800 in the late 1970s ($1.00 now was $2.35 then). He encouraged me not to sell this guitar under $1300-1500 because a guitar of this quality is not available for that price.

Mine was lightly used, no damage, good neck, and sounds good. The back of the body and the back of the neck are free of marks and the top has a small amount of 'bear claw' figuring in the wood. It's not a concert instrument, but for a serious student, it's a lot of guitar. Came with the original brown Washburn case and is serial 4984 and the heel inside shows a printed 780517. The label was marked in pen to indicate '79'. The owner of the shop has his dealer label inside from back then to show inspection and setup before sale.

I'm going to sell it since I have a concert grade Thomas Rodriguez (luthier to Marija Temo the flamenco artist). It will be a eBay sale in January or February 2012, if you have an interest and suggestions on pricing.

Offline Merv

• View Profile
Re: Washburn Hauser classical
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 03:19:41 PM »
I have a Washburn Hauser (ser. #7436) that was purchased from Richmond, VA Guitar Works in July 1981.  It is signed by the luthier, but I can't read the signature.  Actually it was purchased by Jesus de Silva's students as a present for the maestro, but he wouldn't accept it.   This is when he was at Virginian Commonwealth (I took lessons from him one summer, and much to my surprise found that it was a requirement to play in his annual Richmond recital). I was taking lessons from Cory Blake, and had, on day in a hurry, grabbed my unlatched guitar case off a table and flipped my then guitar three feet into the air after which it crashed, hitting  a folding chair on the way down, to the floor.  I needed a new guitar, and Brian (of Guitar Works) had just received this Hauser back from the maestro's students.  So I bought it.  It is a superb instrument, and I wouldn't part from it for for the world.  It has only two little edge-dinks on it.  Otherwise, it is in perfect condition.  I am interested, however, in its possible worth for insurance purposes. 

I'm happy to see others who value it as much as I do.  I am by no means an expert guitarist, and have only owned four other guitars in the past 50 years, but have always been very happy with the sound and playability of my Hauser.  And others who have heard me play it have praised it, too.  It is gratifying to know others find the same qualities who have much more experience than I.