Username: Password:

Author Topic: Older HB35 Question  (Read 28915 times)

Offline wmjonson

• View Profile
Older HB35 Question
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2011, 02:34:28 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Tio Kimo

well, i came across a guy who HAD to have it, and doubled my money on it, and used the money to finance another purchase.

Man, I can't tell you how sorry I am to here the other news. All this stuff pales in comparison to something like that,  we tend to take things for granted.

I truly hope your situation improves.

TK
I usually have to take a loss when I sell, glad you did okay selling yours, there are still a lot of mij HB's out there, you'll find another I feel sure.

Thank you so much for your concern.[:)]

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Older HB35 Question
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2011, 02:38:21 AM »
So what year is this guitar? is anyone sure.I want a HB. And this one sure looks nice. Tio Kimo, what do you think a fair price for this would be? I would probably go slightly over that as I value & trust you guys opinion, in saying this is a real nice guitar.I want a HB-35, but I want a real nice one. I have 8 guitars now, and have grown wiser, and want to buy the best, instead of just ones that look nice, and are relatively inexpensive. thanks Tom.

Offline Tio Kimo

• you're never too old to be what you might've been
    • View Profile
Older HB35 Question
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2011, 12:13:19 PM »
I really really do not know the year. 87 ish is as good as you'll get. Taking all the factors of the build into consideration, it's certainly MIJ, and it LOOKS beautiful (looks capitalized, because these are PHOTOS, only holding it and playing it can verify)

If it were string through I'd suggest it's 81 ish, but it's not. The wing headstock seems to be unusual that late in the 80's.....this is the same circular argument we get into all the time.

If it's in as good shape as it appears, I'd think going as high as 600 isn't unreasonable. Assuming you want a guitar, not an investment. You won't flip it for a profit at that price.

these are all my opinions only, which my ex will tell you are blatantly worthless,

Caveat Emptor
http://www.oldtownschool.org/
'95 Washburn D-55SW Cherokee (Bourgeois)
'04 Larrivée LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
'02 Heritage 535
'12 Heritage 150
'10 Larrivée RS-2
'11 Benford Tele
'12 Kirn Barn Buster
Marshall AS50D
Little Lanilei 3350LT
Champlifier
Boogie DC-2

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Older HB35 Question
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2011, 04:12:03 PM »
Thank you for this advise. I am waiting to see how high the bids go. I hope there are not to many folks that really want to spend real cash for this. I have 500.00 saved, could probably scrape together a little more. now its Waite and see. at 400.00 reserve still not met. hope they don't have like a 800.00 or something way high like that reserve. or I just don't have enough for it. thank,s Tom.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Older HB35 Question
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2011, 04:15:13 PM »
Oh yeah,if I was to get lucky and win it ,it would be a keeper, not a flip. Tom.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Older HB35 Question
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2011, 03:42:07 PM »
The seller is a smart a,, . So I did not buy it. I asked him what they would take 2 hours before end of auction, he gave back a bad remark, so I will find another guitar, would really rather have a burst pattern anyway. so still hunting.  Tom. p.s. I see it is still for sale.

Offline Chondropython

• View Profile
Re: Older HB35 Question
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2012, 10:42:48 AM »