Username: Password:

Author Topic: The 8 Specials  (Read 1515 times)

Offline georgebernardshaw

• View Profile
The 8 Specials
« on: May 05, 2010, 11:44:24 PM »
So I've been trying more or less fruitlessly to identify the N4 I have sitting in my basement. I bought it on a whim from a guy about 2 years ago before I knew much of anything about electrics (I used to be and still am an acoustic buff) and haven't played it much as my playing time was dedicated more and more to the hollow bodied beauties in my life. I emailed Washburn, gave them the serial number, I believe 0405008. All that told me is that it was made in April of 2005 and was the 8th guitar in whatever run it was involved it. The Tremelo tail piece has the Schaller stamp on it with Made in Germany on there as well. It's kind of a lighter tone of red, the grain is rather unique to the Padauk's I've seen, but it's definitely a Padauk. Not quite as heavy as the original early 90s one I stumbled across in a pawn shop, but still kind of weighty. It has made in USA stamped on it and all the other typical electronics and body pieces it's supposed to have to be an N4. My only problem is that I can't find another Padauk who's grain matches it other than the few pictures of the 8 Specials model I've seen on Wikipedia and a few other places that were made as a test run of the 2.0. I'm trying to sell the thing in order to find it a home where it'll be played more, but I want to know exactly what I'm selling. So, does anyone know what year those 8 were released and if they're all accounted for, or at the very least, if I can get some digital pictures of it's various details, could someone help me figure out exactly what I'm dealing with as far as model name, any particulars, etc?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 11:50:08 PM by georgebernardshaw »

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
The 8 Specials
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 12:09:34 AM »
Backwards... 04 = 2004, 05 = May. Year first, then month.

• View Profile
The 8 Specials
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 12:14:21 AM »
Maybe it's 0504 then. I do remember Washburn told me it was made in 2005. I'll check.

• View Profile
The 8 Specials
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 12:24:59 AM »
Ok, my mistake, I had it recorded on my comp records incorrectly. It's 0504009. So 9th in whatever run, eliminating the 8 question I suppose. Still am foggy on what I have, general value idea, etc.