Username: Password:

Author Topic: HM 526 discontinued?  (Read 2810 times)

Offline mithras_angel

• View Profile
HM 526 discontinued?
« on: May 21, 2010, 12:20:09 PM »
Someone said in another thread that the HM 526 was being discontinued.

Is that the case?  (He asks, so he can know if he needs to shift the tattoo fund to the guitar fund.)

Mike

Offline Bloodrose

• View Profile
HM 526 discontinued?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 03:03:18 PM »
I hope not, but I did read a post that new production is suspended.  Guess that prolly means the same thing.. Id buy another in a ny minute if I can get the $$.

Offline Slashpepper

• View Profile
HM 526 discontinued?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 10:32:28 AM »
Yeah, looks like they're not doing any of the custom shop models for the moment, whether they'll start up again I have no idea.

Very hard to get a hold of, there are only two left with the suppliers here in England and one of them is defective. Almost bought the last one but went for the last WI556 instead. Just looks that bit nicer in person, I love that idol shape (pictures to follow when I have a proper internet connection - just moved into a larger house, hence the new purchases, but the phone lines not up and running yet. Thank god for my smartphone!)

The guy in the guitar shop I had it ordered to is a real Washburn fanatic, he's quite worried about the lack of models out at the moment, that 526 is a beauty to play, I thoroughly recommend finding one if you can, bends and shredding are like nothing else I've ever played.

Really hope they get the custom shop going again when they're sorted out their new line (new owners or something similar) and really get them advertised, it's a guitar that deserves real fame.

Washburn WI556
Washburn WI320 PRO
Washburn WI64