Username: Password:

Author Topic: My Cumberland needs help  (Read 3341 times)

Offline madguitar7

• View Profile
My Cumberland needs help
« on: June 02, 2010, 07:52:11 PM »
The input jack on my Cumberland needs replaced. I am having a hard time finding one online, went to the Washburn store and it is temporarily closed. Can anyone tell me where I can get get a jack online or do I need to call Washburn. Thanks

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
My Cumberland needs help
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 08:09:52 PM »
Why does it need to be replaced?

Offline madguitar7

• View Profile
My Cumberland needs help
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 06:09:25 AM »
It cuts out sometimes I've tried cleaning the contacts with contact cleaner ane emery cloth it works for awhile and then its back to the same thing its a barrel type jack and the contacts are not exposed so they are hard to clean with anything other than contact cleaner

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
My Cumberland needs help
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 09:51:34 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by madguitar7

....its a barrel type jack and the contacts are not exposed so they are hard to clean with anything other than contact cleaner

Try going to a sporting goods store and get a cleaning brush for a .22 rifle.  You could probably even get by for one for a larger rifle, but what you really want is a long, round brush, sort of like a miniature bottle brush to stick into that jack, right, so a good rule of thumb would be to take your cord and match the diameter of the plug that inserts into the jack when you choose your cleaning brush.

Dugly [8D]

YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, retired & attempting to age disgracefully!!
Washburns: WD32S, WD32SW. D61SW, and C124SW
Other fine acoustic guitars by Breedlove (custom shop Revival Series 000), Darren Hippner (#506), Takamini (2005 LTD), Epiphone (Masterbilt AJ500RC), and Yamaha (G231-II)

YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline madguitar7

• View Profile
My Cumberland needs help
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 10:43:22 PM »
Thanks Dugly I'll give that a try!