Username: Password:

Author Topic: Jam Contest winners  (Read 21102 times)

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.washburn.com
Jam Contest winners
« on: June 29, 2010, 11:22:38 AM »
1st place - Thom Yeoman
2nd place - mswhat298
3rd place - bluegrassflatpicker
4th place - Mcloud10
5th place - akaray

Sorry for the delay in posting, i've been traveling alot.

thanks,
Nick

Offline Junior88

• The young gun
    • View Profile
Jam Contest winners
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 11:28:19 AM »
Congrats guys!

Washburn N2, Washburn F10S
I've got some other stuff too.. Everything from guitars to a Balalaika.

Offline mswhat298

• View Profile
Jam Contest winners
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 12:30:04 PM »
They can keep the gig bag.  I don't like the flippant way this contest was run and I don't want it.

According to the rules posted online and the rules and terms we were OBLIGATED TO ACCEPT when we signed up and entered, the contest was supposed to end on May 16th.  Apparently the folks at WB weren't happy that only 3 people had entered this little contest and decided, 2 days before the contest deadline, to extend the contest another month.  

Rightfully, either me, MCloud or Jack should have won the D10s.  So the three of us who did our work, got off our behinds, and got our videos posted on time and according to the RULES SPECIFIED get the shaft with the gig bags and sweatshirts.

If Washburn goes to the trouble of posting several pages of rules and regulations then they should run the contest according to those rules and not change them mid course.  

Thanks but no thanks.

Mike W.
Flatpicker Wannabe Extraordinaire

WD7SCE
FG-331 Yamaha
Harmony Marquis Banjo

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Jam Contest winners
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 02:21:32 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mswhat298

They can keep the gig bag.  I don't like the flippant way this contest was run and I don't want it.

Am I the only one that saw that commin'?

Offline bluegrassflatpicker

• View Profile
Jam Contest winners
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 06:52:06 PM »
Mike,

I agree with you 100%

When I entered it was on the first deadline. There were only you and Mark. I thought the stage was set.  I was going for the hoodie. I won one on the questionnaire and my daughter's best friend wanted one to match.

You and Mark are the ones that got screwed.

I agree with what Rocket said in an earlier post, They should pack 2 D10S's in 2 gig bags and send one to each of you.

Jack
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 07:09:31 PM by bluegrassflatpicker »

Offline radenshirinji

• View Profile
Jam Contest winners
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 08:45:30 PM »
Congratulations anyway!

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
Jam Contest winners
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »
I also agree with mike, These 3 guys were the only ones that stepped forward and put themselves out there for us to listen to even, knowing what a bunch of coconuts some of us are.
Not taking away fr the guys that did enter and win, Great job, but the extension was not fair to the 3 that did enter.
Congrats again guys.

Offline tubbs

• View Profile
Jam Contest winners
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 04:00:10 AM »
Where does it say life must be fair.

I'd be a cheat if it helped any..but if that don't work.....I'd just make another song.

Give me a home among the gum trees...  

....a sheep or two.....

..in E Please.

Offline Paulcc1

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/paulciampaglia
Jam Contest winners
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 05:55:55 AM »
Sorry guys
Washburn D10SCEDLK
Washburn C64SCE
Washburn Rover RO10
Ovation Adamas W597
Fender Custom Tele
Fender Acoustasonic
Vox DA20

Offline mswhat298

• View Profile
Jam Contest winners
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 08:12:24 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tubbs

Where does it say life must be fair.

Actually, that's what rules are for buddy.

I would like to send a big pat on the back to Jack...he nailed Long Black Veil, and to Mark for that I'll Fly Away.  Very impressive fellas.

Offline thom yeoman

• View Profile
    • http://www.reverbnation.com/thomyeoman
Jam Contest winners
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 12:54:55 PM »
I won the contest, but I havent heard from anyone at Washburn. I have moved from Texas to Indiana and can only be contacted through e-mail right now. If anyone at Washburn is reading this,please contact me at thomyeoman@gmail.com so I can give you my new mailing address so I can fill out the paper work.
   Im really exited,I only play Washburn, because nothing else stays in tune or sounds as good. And now I can have a second Washburn onstage to use with my alternate tuning I use. Thank you so much!
   Please contact me at the e-mail above, The phone number and address I used to enter the contest are no good now. Thanks, Thom Yeoman

Offline mcloud10

• View Profile
Jam Contest winners
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 03:18:00 PM »
Well, honestly, I was disappointed when they extended the contest.  It IS a bit like 'changing the rules.'  Of course, I'm sure Washburn was disappointed in the turnout and extended the contest to get more entries.  Can't say I agree with the outcome, either.  Jack's Blackbird was much better IMHO.  No offense, Thom.

Still, the contest was not necessarily by ability, but by popular vote.  That always tosses up some interesting results, especially when you can get your friends to vote for you.  Popular vote is based on popularity, period.  Myself, I didn't vote against anyone - I left that to others.  I did vote for myself after contacting Nick to ask him if it was OK.

I think Rocket had a good point that Washburn should have defined what they wanted and stuck to it.  It wasn't really a 'jam' contest, since few of the entries 'jammed.'  There are so many styles that can be played on an acoustic guitar and it's not really a fair comparison to lump them all together.  All have merit, all have differing degrees of difficulty.

In the end, I wish that many others would have posted - even just for fun.  I know there are players on here that are much better than those of us that posted.  It would have been nice to hear them.

Those of us who submitted and did not win do not have to feel ashamed. To win a contest that few enter (on our skill level, anyway) isn't saying a whole lot.  

Congrats to all.

Mark

-------------------
'73 Washburn W240 (Under Restoration)
'08 Washburn D10SCE
'08 Washburn D10QBK (Son's)
'09 Washburn C104SCE Classical
'89 Washburn C10N Classical
'73 Sivertone Model 319
-------------------
'71 Yamaha FG-300 (in restoration)
'73 Washburn W240
'08 Washburn D10SCE
'08 Washburn D10QBK (Son's)
'09 Washburn C104SCE Classical (Son's)
'10 Washburn WC150SW Classical
Washburn Rover RO20 Travel Guitar
Behringer ACX450

Offline radenshirinji

• View Profile
Jam Contest winners
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 09:06:19 PM »
I think they have to change the rules to make the competition more difficult to win and more exciting.

Offline Toaster20

• Eat More Toast
    • View Profile
Jam Contest winners
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 06:40:39 AM »
Yeah I agree with the guys.  It would be nice if there were lots of contestants, but there weren't.  
Washburn shouldn't penalize the three guys who followed the rules.
Especially forum mumbers.  
Send 'em D10's Nick!!

Offline WEBgUy

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.usmusiccorp.com
Jam Contest winners
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 04:53:46 PM »
We want to congratulate all winners and thank everyone for participating. We had extended the contest deadline originally to allow more people to participate. Our good intentions had an unintended consequence, and we want to make this right by extending the first place prize of a WD10S to mswhat298 as well.  We apologize for any disappointment this caused and want to thank everyone for their support.  Every Gig Counts.  Play Your Best.  Play Washburn.