Username: Password:

Author Topic: cherokee D55 SW  (Read 8669 times)

Offline vheissu

• View Profile
cherokee D55 SW
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 12:01:18 PM »
Tio, knowing the history and quality of the guitar leaves me a bit in awe. No doubt. But when people go on about how beautiful these are. Sure, they're nice looking, but I personally prefer the look of my Tanglewood. I can guarantee it's nowhere NEAR as good one of these guitar....but yeah. Not that aesthetics are the most important thing about guitars, and I don't mean to put across that as my opinion.

Offline Tio Kimo

• you're never too old to be what you might've been
    • View Profile
cherokee D55 SW
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 12:12:38 PM »
gotcha, and agreed.

I for one don't particularly care for the butterfly bridge at all. It's a fine looking guitar, and like you, I'm dramatically swayed by it's pedigree. I'd go to great lengths to obtain one if given the opportunity, bridge be damned.
http://www.oldtownschool.org/
'95 Washburn D-55SW Cherokee (Bourgeois)
'04 Larrivée LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
'02 Heritage 535
'12 Heritage 150
'10 Larrivée RS-2
'11 Benford Tele
'12 Kirn Barn Buster
Marshall AS50D
Little Lanilei 3350LT
Champlifier
Boogie DC-2

Offline guitarboy

• View Profile
cherokee D55 SW
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 08:14:10 PM »
I agree with Tio, you can dress up a guitar, but basically it is all about what it is made with and who made it.  And yes, I do play and I play professionally, since 1980. Did 12 years in Switzerland in ski resorts and music clubs.  Now just beach bars on the weekend in St. Pete FL.  Tough gig, playing, get to drink and watch girls in bikinis.  ROUGH
Tio, I tried to email you thru the forum but I am too NEW to do so.  Can you please email me cole@coleoliver.com  Thanks  Cole