Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn D6S  (Read 9354 times)

Offline Kevinma

• View Profile
Washburn D6S
« on: August 10, 2010, 10:29:31 PM »
Just purchased the D6S from musicians friend, and was just wondering if anyone else here has tried out that guitar.  From reading the reviews it seems like a great guitar for the money.  I had a Washburn guitar before, and recently moved overseas (in the militray) and didn't wan't to risk it getting damaged in the move, so I gave it to a friend. My old one played great, I loved it, so figured I couldn't go wrong with another Washburn, espetialy at only $100.  Unfortunitely they are out of stock at the moment, and will be at least two weeks untill they get more in stock.

Also, this is my first post, so Hi to everyone!

Offline cedwards

• View Profile
Washburn D6S
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 09:38:47 AM »
Welcome! Can't help you on the D6S but just read your other post. You GAVE your D10S to a friend!!!??? I need more friends like you! Tres cool!
Seize the Fish
WG2S, D10SCE, WI45, JM300S, Lyon L115
'70s Univox LP Copy

Offline Ctullu

• View Profile
Washburn D6S
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 09:54:35 AM »
Yes, I gave it away. Plus he was a very close friend, who's gutar was stolen in a house robbery, along with other stuff. I figured he could use some cheering up, and I really didn't want it to get ruined in the move, which happens alot with some of the moving companies moving frmo stateside to oversees. Well, gotta run, and thnx for the reply.

Offline Ctullu

• View Profile
Washburn D6S
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 09:56:35 AM »
Oh, didn't realize I signed in as a different user. Made this one and never recieved my confirmation email so I made a different one, as Kevinma.  Hope I didn't confise anyone there.

Offline Toaster20

• Eat More Toast
    • View Profile
Washburn D6S
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 01:13:13 PM »
The general rule of thumb is that Washburn gives you the best bang for the buck.  I don't really know the D6, but you can assume that it sounds better than anybody else's $100 guitar.  

Welcome aboard.  Pick a name and stick around for a while.

Offline wbusch

• View Profile
Washburn D6S
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 08:45:30 PM »
I bought a D6S a few weeks back.  I emailed Washburn to get some info on it and he said it was similar to the D10S and they converted it to the WD series now.  I really like mine.  I have a Seagull a Takamine and this D6S.  You can not believe the quality for a $100.  I got my brother to buy one.

Offline Ctullu

• View Profile
Washburn D6S
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 03:37:44 PM »
Well, after waitin gover a month for the item to ship (It was on backorder) I was notified that they can no longer recieve them, since they are no longer being manufactured. I figured what the hecl, and spent the extra on the D10SCE.  Hopefully it will get here soon, I am having withdraw symptons from not being able to play, lol.

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Washburn D6S
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 04:40:13 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ctullu

Well, after waitin gover a month for the item to ship (It was on backorder) I was notified that they can no longer recieve them, since they are no longer being manufactured.

That sounds about right!

Offline Bandicoot

• View Profile
Washburn D6S
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 06:33:53 PM »
I ordered one from Musician Friend also, for my son to begin on.  It was on back order. Does that mean they will be notifying me also?

But I'm not sure I understand,  if it was new for this year what do you mean by no longer being manufactured?  That doesn't make any sense.  The Washburn site doesn't have any information on it at all.

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Washburn D6S
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 06:54:25 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Bandicoot

...if it was new for this year what do you mean by no longer being manufactured?  That doesn't make any sense.  The Washburn site doesn't have any information on it at all.

Sounds about right!

Offline Bandicoot

• View Profile
Washburn D6S
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 03:39:38 PM »
It doesn't sound about right to me.  What is that supposed to mean?  If a guitar goes out of production in the same year it was introduced, does that signify a problem with the design?

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Washburn D6S
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 05:16:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Bandicoot

What is that supposed to mean?  If a guitar goes out of production in the same year it was introduced, does that signify a problem with the design?

Anyone that's been watching what's going on with Washburn for the last couple years understands how it sounds about right.

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.washburn.com
Washburn D6S
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 08:59:49 AM »
the D6S in particular was launched right before Jam bought USM.  Just about the entire line was discontinued after that.  there was nothing wrong with the design, just bad timing.

Offline Bandicoot

• View Profile
Washburn D6S
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 03:37:25 PM »
WB and Rocket, you are both confusing to me. Your answers sound as if you are talking to yourselves.  What is Jam and USM and what do they have to do with the D6S? My question is this: How or why does a guitar go into production and discontinued in the same year?  Please elaborate, not everyone can read between the lines, what are you saying?

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Washburn D6S
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 04:05:39 PM »
USM = US Music: parent company of Washburn (and many others).
Jam Industries: Canadian company that recently bought US Music.
Google can be your friend:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=ie7&q=jam+industries+acquires+us+music
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 04:06:13 PM by Rocket »