Username: Password:

Author Topic: My WD10S Is Here  (Read 1778 times)

Offline mswhat298

• View Profile
My WD10S Is Here
« on: August 12, 2010, 04:47:09 PM »
My WD10S from the Acoustic Jam Contest arrived yesterday!  Before I post my thoughts on the guitar, I need to give some kudos where they are due.

I was a bit vocal in a post regarding my disagreement with extending the Acoustic Jam Contest, and maybe not in the most polite manner.  Nick and the kind folks at Washburn saw fit to backtrack and award me the original winner (from the original deadline).  Right or wrong, they certainly didn't have to do that and not many companies would have.  

I didn't really expect this to happen and would like to send a big thank you Nick and Washburn.  This, coupled with how well I was taken care of by WB on my previous warranty issue, put Washburn in an elite category of customer service as far as I'm concerned.

Now, the guitar...it's a really nice looking piece as you can see on the acoustics page on the main site.  Solid top, mahogany sides, back and neck.  Came out of the box in great shape as far as setup and tuning...needs some tweaks but not a big deal.

I love the satin finish neck, much more comfy than the gloss finish.  Most importantly, it sounds fantastic.  Bold and crisp, sounds more hearty than my WD7SCE.  I like it a lot!

I've never played a D10S so I can't really compare but there's a thread somewhere offering a comparison.

I'll take some pics of the WD10S if anybody wants to see it.  Any specific questions about it, just post them here and I check in form time to time and will answer if I can.

Thanks again WB, I love the guitar!  

MikeMike W.
--------
WD7SCE
FG-331 Yamaha
Harmony Marquis Banjo

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
My WD10S Is Here
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 06:53:40 PM »
Kudos for WB-Nick and Washburn!

Oh, yeah.....

Dugly [8D]

YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, retired & attempting to age disgracefully!!
Washburns: WD32SW, D61SW, and C124SW
Other fine acoustic guitars by Breedlove (custom shop Revival Series 000), Darren Hippner (#506), Takamini (2005 LTD), Epiphone (Masterbilt AJ500RC), and Yamaha (G231-II)

YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Toaster20

• Eat More Toast
    • View Profile
My WD10S Is Here
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 08:23:33 PM »
That's good to hear Mike.
Congrats.
Yup, let's see some pictures.