Username: Password:

Author Topic: Unknown Washburn Guitar  (Read 2609 times)

Offline CuriouserandCuriouser

• View Profile
Unknown Washburn Guitar
« on: August 24, 2010, 07:46:36 PM »
Hello, I'm new here and I registered specifically to find out what kind of Washburn it is I have. The story behind the guitar is that my sister got it as a hand me down from a family friend, she had it for maybe a year or more, then she passed it to my brother who never touched it for probably two years. Then it finally landed in my lap... with no serial number sticker on the inside but you can see where it was torn out(as well as in the pictures). This guitar plays and sounds great and I've had it for maybe a year... been trying to find out what kind of Washburn guitar it is for maybe 2 or 3 months now because the design around the soundhole isn't similar to anything on the website under acoustics. I'm pretty sure it's a D 10 but the serial number being gone kind of freaks me out. So I figure it is really rare or really fake... somewhere in between...I don't really care which because I'm in love with it. Can someone take a look and tell me what they think? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 12:10:48 AM by CuriouserandCuriouser »

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Unknown Washburn Guitar
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 12:40:48 AM »
Hi Curious, welcome to the forum. My guess is it's a D10, D10S or a D12, D12S.

Offline nogin007

• View Profile
Unknown Washburn Guitar
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 07:33:34 AM »
Look inside the soundhole, toward the top of the guitar. There should be a serial number on the neck block.

Offline deltacaster

• View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/stacypuckett
Unknown Washburn Guitar
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 01:55:56 PM »
All you can really determine from these photo's is that it's a dreadnought model (D series), manufactured in the last 15 years or so.  We need the label internal, serial number, etc.

Thanks.

Offline Kt85

• View Profile
    • http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb324/ktunks85/
Unknown Washburn Guitar
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 02:34:59 AM »
Can anyone give me any information on this guitar? Are there any issues with the history that would prevent me from selling it? What year was it made? What is a fair asking price for it? Pictures are available via the link below.

http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb324/ktunks85/

Thank you

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Unknown Washburn Guitar
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 03:01:40 AM »
quote:
Can anyone give me any information on this guitar?

Here's  the book info Kt...

D8
- dreadnought style, spruce top, round soundhole, black pickguard, bound body, three-stripe
purfling/rosette, mahogany back/sides/neck, 14/20-fret rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlay,
rosewood bridge with black white dot pins, rosewood peghead veneer with screened logo, three-perside
chrome tuners, available in Natural finish, mfg. 1994, 2001-02.
Grading
 100%---Excellent ----Average
-N/A --$75 - 125 ----$40 - 60
Last MSR was $250.