Washburn Electric Guitars Forums > X Series

what x50 is this?

(1/2) > >>

t.y.:
Hello.I just bought a x50 off e-bay for 229.99, delivery free. new , no blems ,the guitar looks and feels great.real nice for the price.     the add says , neck pup randall ul,  bridge randall ultra xl. on the guitar itself it says , neck randall ul,   bridge pup- randall sl. ,,  made in  Indnesia,  #08120685.. the 2009 discription on here says ultra xl also.So my qustion is, is this a older guitar thats new? or,  if the X line is discontinued is this put togather out of extra parts to finish out the line? Is the Randall sl, a cheaper pup than the Ultra xl? eather way im keepen this one. i just hate to not get what i pay for. but this somtimes happens on e-bay. also will this diffrent pup change the tone much? if so,better or worse?      thanks Tom.   p.s.  was still sealed up in Washburn double box, all stickers and , nice gb4 bag.thanks.

t.y.:
Almost forgot, this add says ,bolt on neck. but if this is a bolt on. i sure can not find the smallest of a seam. this neck and body are one solid piece of wood. beutiful black coller and finish. im kinda new to guitars. but i think bolt on neck means i can see 4 big bolts on back of neck holding it to body?  thanks, any help would be great.

Cornish Boy:
Hy t.y. and welcome to the forum, sounds like a standard X50, made in 2008, Set neck, strings through body etc. I've got a couple of this model, great workhorse, mine are a bit earlier than yours and made in Korea, which came with Washburn labeled pups. Yours being newish has the Randalls, heard good reports on them but as I've never had a chance to play them, not a lot I can comment on. Anyway congrats on a nice guitar at a decent price, enjoy.

t.y.:
Almost forgot,thanks for the reply.I love this guitar,it kicks butt.Marshall Mg4 red half stack.digitech gnx2. tomorrow my wv40 gets here,cant wait.These 2008 closeout models are  IMHO a great deal. Just ordered today from music123, wd10sce.from what Ive read here and other places,I bet I will be happy.   Tom.

Mauro Ricciardi Leira:
quote:Originally posted by Cornish Boy

Hy t.y. and welcome to the forum, sounds like a standard X50, made in 2008, Set neck, strings through body etc. I've got a couple of this model, great workhorse, mine are a bit earlier than yours and made in Korea, which came with Washburn labeled pups. Yours being newish has the Randalls, heard good reports on them but as I've never had a chance to play them, not a lot I can comment on. Anyway congrats on a nice guitar at a decent price, enjoy.

Is these pickups  Head Hunter ones? Well, do you know anything about HeadHunter pickups?

Mauro

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version