Username: Password:

Author Topic: Rover with Ez Microphone pickup  (Read 4146 times)

Offline 800922

• View Profile
Rover with Ez Microphone pickup
« on: October 25, 2010, 02:49:27 PM »
Has anyone tried putting in the EZ Microphone pickup, & if so do I need a preamp to squelch all the feedback?

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 11:10:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum, 800922.....I have no experience with the EZ mic pickup, but I do know that it seems the larger bodied guitars are more prone to feedback, so I'd suggest the smaller bodies of the travel guitars would reduce that probability considerably.

Just curious, which of the Washburn travel guits do you have?  

We like pics.........[:D]

Cheers from.....

Dugly [8D]

YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, retired & attempting to age disgracefully!!
Washburns: WD32SW, D61SW, and C124SW
Other fine acoustic guitars by Breedlove (custom shop Revival Series 000), Darren Hippner (#506), Takamini (2005 LTD), Epiphone (Masterbilt AJ500RC), and Yamaha (G231-II)

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:11:11 PM by YerDugliness »
YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL 8) !!
Back to work & attempting to age disgracefully!!
Washburns: WD32SW, D61SW, C124SWK, WMJ11S, WMJ21S (2) and WGO26SCE
Other fine acoustics: Breedlove custom 000 Revival, Darren Hippner #506 Hauser, Takamini 2005 LTD, Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 11:32:48 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by YerDugliness

Just curious, which of the Washburn travel guits do you have?

Thread subject title says Rover.

Offline rblee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 05:58:07 AM »
I find that I only get feedback if the distortion/drive/gain/whatever knob is set higher than the minimum necessary to get sound out of the amp. As long as you're not sitting facing it.

My wonderful wife gave me a Roland Cube 20XL a while ago and the effects are very, very, strange. Must be the DSP I suppose. That said, I don't think the Rover was designed with Extreme Metal Stack and Heavy Octave in mind :).
What crime is robbing a bank compared to that of founding one?

-- Bertolt Brecht

Offline cspan

• View Profile
Re: Rover with Ez Microphone pickup
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 10:16:32 PM »
So you like it pretty well? I've been tempted to get the EZ ROMP pickup, but I don't really have any need for it. That doesn't mean I don't want it - it would seem pretty cool. Plus I don't have an acoustic/electric, and then I would.

BTW, I have a Roland Cube too ... kind of cool, but the Microcube is really fun to play with, and its diminutive size is a good match for the Rover!

I assume you're using the steel-string RO10? I have both that and the nylon stringed RO20.

cspan

Offline cspan

• View Profile
Re: Rover with Ez Microphone pickup
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 11:56:49 AM »
Update: See my post under W-ROMP pickup - it's discontinued and even though they don't have them nor have a hope of getting them, Janet Davis is still advertising them online and taking orders for them. My credit card was never charged (to this point) but still, had I known I'd not be getting the part, I would not have ordered it - I would have moved on to some other pickup like a soundboard transducer.