Username: Password:

Author Topic: delete it please  (Read 11351 times)

Offline Dreadman

• View Profile
    • G-Tech Guitar Works
delete it please
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 01:21:17 AM »
It's hard to tell by pics alone in this case but I think it's possible that those aren't cracks at all. By the look I might guess they're just grain anomalies - especially since the most visible one runs across the grain. If they are indeed repaired cracks in that location then there'd probably be very noticeable reinforcement inside. I don't think it would hold under string pressure without at least cleats. Look and/or feel inside the guitar in that area. Is there any wood glued across the cracks or is it smooth? If it's smooth then I'd be pretty sure the instrument is just fine.
Dreadman

The easiest way to make people believe you are a good man is to be a good man.

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.washburn.com
delete it please
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 08:28:38 AM »
good call.

Offline Guitar

• View Profile
delete it please
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 06:36:58 AM »
deleted
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 03:17:34 AM by Guitar »

Offline DJN

• View Profile
delete it please
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 04:56:18 AM »
They don't look look like cracks to me. Cracks don't look like that, generally don't travel like that, nor are they jagged like that. Also, if they are actually cracks, then there would be support pieces of wood glued to the inside of the guitar underneath the crack locations (unless it was repaired by a complete and total amateur who knows nothing whatsoever about guitar repair). Also, it's highly unusual to have cracks in those 2 locations. These are GREAT sounding and playing guitars, and I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Anyway, what's been the outcome of your claim?

Offline Guitar

• View Profile
delete it please
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 07:48:10 AM »
deleted
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 03:18:13 AM by Guitar »

Offline Guitar

• View Profile
delete it please
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 07:53:18 AM »

Offline BraxtonCleburne

• View Profile
delete it please
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 06:35:26 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Guitar

1. Real fine buffalo bone pins with Dot abalone - fit perfect, as you can see in the foto
2. Real fine buffalo bone bridge - fit perfect too

The bridge is available in 2 heights - i choose the one that makes a very flat string setting and if i play with capo at the 7th fret, which perfectly fits my voice, i do have this full tone, but with a litte kind of Tac if you hit the strings (i do play w/out plek+nails, just 3 finger bluesstyle)

These buffalo upgrades fit my R318 too perfectly - The german guy who sells them on Ebay did not know this guitar. I think these upgrades should fit all R3** Washburns. It is just by chance or a common size perhaps...[?]

Here is the link:
pins
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290480312392
bridge
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300478424404

Hi,
I really like your 320 with the bone upgrades, and I think I'll do the same on my 319. The original pins are made of colored plastic and give a cheap feeling to an otherwise nice guitar. Same for the plastic saddle.
Thanks for the links !!!
Like you I'm playing my 319 every day and I have now 2 more expensive guitars gathering dust!  [:D]

Yamaha LL6
Washburn EA20SDL
DiGiorgio Student 18
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 07:12:26 AM by BraxtonCleburne »
Washburn R319SWKK
Lakewood M-M
Bruno Barnes 2010
DiGiorgio Student 18

Offline Southside Bucky

• View Profile
delete it please
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 10:29:16 AM »
quote:

...The original pins are made of colored plastic and give a cheap feeling to an otherwise nice guitar. Same for the plastic saddle...

Totally agree about the plastic bridge pins, but I think you might be mistaken about the saddle...My R320 definitely came with a bone saddle.

Regards,

Bucky

Offline Guitar

• View Profile
delete it please
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 07:53:56 AM »
hi brax.cle - thanks for the comment. yup, this upgrade really looks much better in real: it fits the whole guitar's white bindings and inlay's and everything like they were originally made for this guitar [:)]
i can really recommend them... BUT the string height is very flat then, just a mm before buzzing! i think it is not everyones solution to be happy.

hi souths.b - it did not change the sound very much, so i would agree that it is bone too. my gibson robert johnson custom shop, which i sold a month ago, had a plastic saddle which i changed right after buying it to vintage bone in 2004 and the change was dramatic: only the volume tone sunk down to 60% compared to the stock bridge! BUT the overall tone for playing countrychords and 3-fingerpicking blues got much better and more balanced over the whole register. unfortunately the bluessolotone in, for example, hooker 2fingerstyle broke down and the attack and decay decreased. my luthier said the RJs are a misconstruction, whatever that means... but isn't it a shame that the gibby custom shop uses a plastic bridge/nut/pins (all that i did change to 2 x vintage bone and tusk-mop-pins) for a trad. classic that costs double or triple of this beautiful washburn...[B)]

i did give the r320 bridge a closer inspection today, but i can not see or feel if it is bone or plastic.
 [:D] i rubbed off a bit and smell, but it did not smells like something organic or artifical and i did'nt want to put it under a lighter to see if it melts [;)]

Offline BraxtonCleburne

• View Profile
delete it please
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 10:00:31 AM »
Hi Guitar,
I ordered the bridge and I'm now waiting for it. It should take just 3-4 days from Germany to Italy.
In the meantime I replaced the plastic pins with some ebony ones I had and I like the new look.
Hey, I was GASsing for a Gibson RJ too !!! Tell me more about it.
How would you compare its sound to the R320's ?

Washburn R319SWKK
Lakewood M-M
Bruno Barnes 2010
DiGiorgio Student 18

Offline BraxtonCleburne

• View Profile
delete it please
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 10:04:16 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Southside Bucky

Totally agree about the plastic bridge pins, but I think you might be mistaken about the saddle...My R320 definitely came with a bone saddle.

Regards,

Bucky

Mmmm... like Guitar, I don't want to try and burn it, but it does not look like bone to me. It resemble a lot the TUSQ one my Larrivee used to have.
Washburn R319SWKK
Lakewood M-M
Bruno Barnes 2010
DiGiorgio Student 18

Offline Guitar

• View Profile
delete it please
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 01:28:18 PM »
hi brax,

the RJ is a fine guitar and my girlfriend did lobe it very much, because of the optic and smooth sound after the bone-upgrades. with bone it is a very balanced guitar and completely underrated as a rhythm guitar for counry if you compare it to an SJ Reissue, that i had before the RJ!

BUT after getting my R318 2 years ago, i played the RJ lesser. then i desired for a massive R3** and bought this R320 and now i think i am going to sell the R318 too [8D]

Have you ever played a RJ in a shop or somewhere? you should do that before buying it! [:)]

ah, and how does the dark pins look on that R320 bridge - can you post a full pic of the top, please... ;o)

Every guitar is unique - you have to find your baby by looking & playing ;o)

Offline BraxtonCleburne

• View Profile
delete it please
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 02:31:53 AM »
Michael, you are right, I need to try that RJ.  
I already planned :
I'll take a day off on coming Monday and will go with a friend to a nearby shop who is a guitar's heaven, they have a dedicated room where I'll be able to try the RJ and some other interesting stuff [8D]

This is my R319 with ebony pins :

Washburn R319SWKK
Lakewood M-M
Bruno Barnes 2010
DiGiorgio Student 18

Offline Guitar

• View Profile
delete it please
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 06:36:42 AM »
thanks for the pic!
looks good, but the white ones w/ dot-mop look better - what do you think?

Offline BraxtonCleburne

• View Profile
delete it please
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 07:00:10 AM »
I agree, I think I'll order some bone pins soon :-)
Washburn R319SWKK
Lakewood M-M
Bruno Barnes 2010
DiGiorgio Student 18