Northeast Jam Group > Welcome to the Northeast US Washburn Jam Group.

advice on barr chords

(1/3) > >>

Washburn5:
hey i've been playing for a little over a year, and i have still not tried to take on barr chords, i would apreciate any tips on good chords to start out with or any advice on them in general.
thanks

markmilly:
two very basic barre forms are the e-shape and a-shape
take an e chord played with your2, 3, 4 fingers and slide it up a fret.  bar the strings behind it on the first fret and you have an f chord.  move it up two more and you have a g chord......you can do the same with the baisc a chord position at the headstock and slide it up just the same........

Washburn5:
im going to try whatyou said(markmilly). if you or eny one else has any other input,i'm open.

jackhammer:
I've been playing for one year myself and find barre chords very challenging. What I try to do is to fret the single chords first and lay down the bar immediately thereafter. It seems to work for me, if I am explaining it corectly. I have just recently mastered the F and B. Good luck! It's a lot of fun and a lot of work. I wish I took this up 25 years ago!!!

MZDA:
I've been playing for around 8 years... with bar chords i usually have my finger sort of rotate so it's not flat but somewhat on it's side.. I find it easier to do it this way because it's easier to fret the bar and you don't have to push down as hard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version