Username: Password:

Author Topic: Factory Shipped Guitars?  (Read 6475 times)

Offline abdef

• View Profile
Factory Shipped Guitars?
« on: November 15, 2010, 01:30:15 PM »
Has anyone purchased a guitar and had it shipped direct from Mississippi? I am on my 3rd J-7 purchased online from World Music Supply in Indiana and sent back 3 times for either defects or lack of adjustments. They keep sending me guitars that are out of adjustment or defective in some way. It is really turning me off to Wshburn. I used to think they were decent guitars but not any more!

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Factory Shipped Guitars?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 01:46:55 PM »
That's because online distributors never actually lay eyes or hands on the merchandise they sell... products come from storage warehouses around the country.
Welcome to the new world of virtual stores.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 01:48:01 PM by Rocket »

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Factory Shipped Guitars?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 07:41:32 PM »
this is so true. Musicansfriend and Music123, both come out of K.C.  Kansas. i have bought from both.just check there shipping labels,what part of the country your in depends on what warehouse you get your product from.               Tom.

Offline abdef

• View Profile
Factory Shipped Guitars?
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 02:31:21 PM »
It is not so much the location it comes from as it is the quality of the guitar itself. I have been shipped 3 guitars. all of them have issues. I gave up. I am just putting up with the last one. I will never buy a Washburn again!!

Offline NickS

• View Profile
Factory Shipped Guitars?
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 07:50:10 PM »
Define issues?

Never mind I read your other post.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 07:52:43 PM by NickS »

Offline abdef

• View Profile
Factory Shipped Guitars?
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 10:19:26 AM »
Sorry to vent so much but I am really pissed. It took 2 months to get the 3rd guitar and it still has issues and I just gave up trying to get it resolved. Customer service and the sales rep tried to help but obviously there are systemic issues within Washburn. I have been waiting for them to give me the name of someone to write to but they have not responded. I guess they are tired of dealing with me. As I said before, never again!!!

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.washburn.com
Factory Shipped Guitars?
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 07:17:34 AM »
hello abdef,
please send me an email with your story.  not sure i can help in any way but i'd like to see where we went wrong.  

thanks

Offline abdef

• View Profile
Factory Shipped Guitars?
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 01:41:22 PM »
WB-Won't let me email you. Not enough posts. Please read above. The sales rep owes me some shirts!! (Jerry Lambert). That won't fix the intonation or the bridge adjustment but it may cool me off. I am really upset about this. The sound quality of this instrament gets worse by the day!!!

Offline abdef

• View Profile
Factory Shipped Guitars?
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 02:15:31 PM »
I wanted to add a note of thanks to WB. he has made arrangements to rectify my issues. He has done what others seemed to be unable to do. Get a guitar inspected and shipped out to me. I hav not received it yet but I believe that he will take care of it. Thank you so muck Nick!!!!

Offline BGRooster1

• View Profile
Factory Shipped Guitars?
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 11:33:47 PM »
So.Has WB taken care of you or are you still waiting to be handed what you paid for?
 It is a shame that it takes going public with a problem before it gets resolved.Companies go under everyday and they can't seem to figure out why.
 I got tired of waiting for a model that I was told would come out last year.So.I bought something else and it is not a Washburn.I really wanted that Washy,but found something else to play my blues.

Offline abdef

• View Profile
Factory Shipped Guitars?
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 07:51:39 PM »
No. Nick has told me he would take care of it but they did not have any stock and I have not heard from him since the middle o January. I am still not able to play this thing. I told him I was on break for a month but was returning to the road in Feb. Still nothing. I hope he contacts me. You know my email address Nick. I will probably make firewood out of this J-7. I even offered to take a different guitar if that was all they had in stock just so I felt somewhat compensated or at least satisfied. I don't really blame him. Sometimes these companies suck so you can only do what they let you. In any case, I am stuck with a new J-7 (they have sent me 3 and I have returned 2 so far). None of them should have passed inspection. The sales rep is not exactly trust worthy either. Very unhappy. I will wait a bit longer and then I will start up the ladder (if there is one). I has resigned myself to giving up until they told me they would make it right. Here I sit and wait. WB (Nick) please contact me and let me know what you are going to do.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 06:41:23 AM by abdef »

Offline abdef

• View Profile
Factory Shipped Guitars?
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 05:59:00 PM »
Still waiting!!! Have not heard from anyone!!!

Offline abdef

• View Profile
Factory Shipped Guitars?
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 07:17:17 AM »
Supposedly it is being looked into. I am still waiting for the remedy. Hopefully soon.

Offline BGRooster1

• View Profile
Factory Shipped Guitars?
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 10:27:49 AM »
Maybe You should contact U.S. Music Corp.

Offline Deadbolt

• View Profile
Factory Shipped Guitars?
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2011, 11:04:44 PM »
hi i'm new, sorry to hear of your troubles,i ordered from world music supply recieved an x200 vpro A stock no defects with floyd rose, maple neck,adler body,SD 59/custom pups,coil tap, plays like butter got it in three days to long island,ny. It was a clearance and i felt like it was a steal! I would like a washburn T-shirt too LOL. Really guys Washburn has nice guitars..and to think i almost brought an Agile, glad i didn't