Username: Password:

Author Topic: Is the WMJ20SCE a Baby Jumbo?  (Read 4187 times)

Offline EdMan57

• View Profile
Is the WMJ20SCE a Baby Jumbo?
« on: December 25, 2010, 09:32:59 AM »
Is the Washburn WMJ20SCE considered a Baby Jumbo?I see it listed as a Mini Jumbo at online retailers.Also,does anyone know if a Baby or Mini Jumbo uses a dreadnaught case?

Ed

My current guitar harem includes a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,USA Washburn MG-120,USA Washburn Laredo LT-92,USA Hamer Studio,'95 American Fender Custom Strat,'06 American Standard Strat,USA Hamer P-90 Special,ESP PB-500 and a Yamaha Pacifica 612v.
My current guitar harem includes a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,Fender American Standard SE Tele,USA Hamer Studio,Fender American Standard SE Strat,Gibson Les Paul Standard,Fender American Series Strat,USA Hamer P-90 Special,ESP PB-500,Malden Keyser and a Yamaha Pacifica 612v.

Online YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Is the WMJ20SCE a Baby Jumbo?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 11:56:44 AM »
Well, Ed, I know it's been a while, but I can answer at least one of your questions.  I just took delivery of a WMJ 11S and it fits well enough in a dreadnought style case.  It is a bit sloppy around the upper bout, where the dread is larger, but the lower bout fits the standard Washburn blow-molded case for my WD32SW just fine.  I'll be using my blow-molded Washburn dread size hard-shell case for my WMJ 11S.

The WMJ 11S does NOT fit into a classical guitar case.  The problem is not overall length, it is the width of the lower bout....probably 2 wider than a standard classical guitar.

I'm not sure if there's some change going on in the WMJ line-up or not....I can't seem to find the WMJ 11S in the current product line, but there is now a WMJ 11SCE model that wasn't there when I ordered my WMJ.

BTW, I am quite impressed with the build quality of the WMJ I got....with the exception of the use or ivoriod rather than natural woods for the bindings, I would say the build quality is on par with my D61SW, a Yamaki built Washburn.  That's pretty good company!

Cheers from.....

Dugly [8D]

YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, retired & attempting to age disgracefully!!
Washburns: WD32SW, D61SW, and C124SW
Other fine acoustic guitars by Breedlove (custom shop Revival Series 000), Darren Hippner (#506), Takamini (2005 LTD), Epiphone (Masterbilt AJ500RC), and Yamaha (G231-II)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 11:58:38 AM by YerDugliness »
YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL 8) !!
Retired twice, still attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns: WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,WMJ21S(2) WGO26SCE, WMJ11S (gifted)
Other fine acoustics: Breedlove custom shop 000, Darren Hippner #506 Hauser, Takamini 2005 LTD, Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC