Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn D10 CEM/CBL  (Read 6977 times)

Offline largopat

• View Profile
Washburn D10 CEM/CBL
« on: January 09, 2011, 08:34:20 PM »
I just picked up Washburn D10 CEM/CBL at a pawn shop last week. I've been pulling searches all week trying to find information on this guitar. It needed a little work. The action was too low at the bottom of neck and too high at the nut. The neck was bowed badly. Strings were buzzing. Changed nut and saddle to Tusq a the sound is Fantastic!!! Ordered Tusq pins. I could not believe how the neck straitened out after adjusting the trust rod.
  I just started play 9 months ago and I enjoy working on guitars as much as trying to learn how to play them. I noticed the neck is very thin on this guitar. It's easy to play and sound great.This one is a keeper. The color is a Dark transparent Green.This guitar has been collecting dust for years. It took awhile to clean it up. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks Pat
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 08:52:21 PM by largopat »

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Washburn D10 CEM/CBL
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 01:12:40 AM »
Hi Pat, welcome to the forum. Here's what the blue book has on your Washburn...

D10 CE M Mahogany
- similar to the D10 CE, except features an all mahogany body, available in Caribbean Blue,
Mahogany, Trans. Blue, or Trans. Wine Red finish, mfg. 1997-2000.
Grading
 100% ----Excellent -----Average
-$350 ----$225 - 275 --$125 - 175
Last MSR was $499.
In 2000, Trans. Blue replaced Carribean Blue finish.

D10 CE
- single rounded cutaway dreadnought style, select spruce top, round soundhole, black pickguard,
three-stripe bound body and rosette, mahogany back/sides/neck, 14/20-fret rosewood fingerboard with
pearl dot inlay, rosewood bridge with pearl dot black pins, three-per-side chrome Grover tuners, piezo
bridge pickup, volume/tone controls, three-band EQ, Equis Standard preamp, available in Black or
Natural finishes, mfg. 1992-2000.

Offline largopat

• View Profile
Washburn D10 CEM/CBL
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 07:17:57 AM »
Hi Pike, Thank you for that information. This was the first Washburn I collected and I have to say I was impressed. I'm surprised to find a site so devoted to a guitar brand. Washburn has a great and loyal customer base. After finding my new treasure I'm hooked. This guitar has a wonderful sound to it and the color is so different. Pike Thanks again for the information. I'm glad I found this site and will visit often. I'm a 61 old trying to learn the guitar. Wished I had the time when I was younger. It's Very addicting. S/N on the guitar is 98054057.

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Washburn D10 CEM/CBL
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 12:11:01 PM »
Your guitar was probably closer to blue when new Pat, as clear finishes sometimes yellow and darken over time, they can turn a blue guitar green...

Offline DontTreadOnMe

• View Profile
Washburn D10 CEM/CBL
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 12:33:56 PM »
I've seen photo's of a couple of those Carribean Blue models and they do look more green, but it is a gorgeous color!

How about posting some pictures largopat!

Guitars, I have a few - but then again, too few to mention

Offline largopat

• View Profile
Washburn D10 CEM/CBL
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 01:26:05 PM »
Give me a day or two and I'll Post some. I did see a TWR Red and that was nice looking too. I have to find my camera.
Pike, you might be right on it turning yellow, the back of the head and certain areas on the guitar are more of a blue hue to the color. I'll try to show it when I take the pictures. I love this guitar. Do all Washburns have that thin neck?

Offline cedwards

• View Profile
Washburn D10 CEM/CBL
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 03:25:56 PM »
Largopat,

Welcome to the forum! I have a D10SCE and a Washburn WG2S. The neck on the WG2S makes the D10 seem fat. There is enough difference that I always have to play the WG2S for a while before I get the fingering right. If you search on WG2S here, you'll find a thread on her - she's a sweetie!
Seize the Fish
WG2S, D10SCE, WI45, JM300S, Lyon L115
'70s Univox LP Copy

Offline largopat

• View Profile
Washburn D10 CEM/CBL
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 04:30:19 PM »
I found my camera and took a few pictures. I used Photo Bucket for the first time. I'm not sure if I did it correctly. I used a link and it seems to work. I want to Thank everyone again for the information.
cedwards, I looked up your WG2S and I have to say they make a nice couple.