Username: Password:

Author Topic: New D56SW arrives  (Read 6540 times)

Offline harmonycs

• View Profile
New D56SW arrives
« on: January 09, 2011, 05:54:13 PM »
Well, I received my new D56SW Timbercraft a few days ago.  This guitar is beautiful!  Out of the box setup was great, low action and in tune (standard tune, that is), and the finish is also quite impressive.  This guitar sounds superb.  I will try to post pics within a few days.

Offline DontTreadOnMe

• View Profile
New D56SW arrives
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 12:36:25 PM »
Congrats on the aquisition!  Yep, love to see some pics when you can break your hands free from her long enough to take some and post them!

Guitars, I have a few - but then again, too few to mention

Offline Zed

• View Profile
Re: New D56SW arrives
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 01:51:47 PM »
Hey guys :), .... I have two Washburn guitars, a D56SW and D52SW and I am very happy with them.
Actually I had a Martin HD28 and chose to keep the Washburns and sell the Martin HD28.
I like Washburns better because it's easier for me to play them.
I'm not saying Washburns D56 and D52 are better guitars than Martin HD28, but more often I chose to play Washburn D56.
If you have the chance to get one of them, use the chance because they are amazing guitars and come in their best age.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 09:31:16 PM »
 I will keep  a look out for one.  Hope to find a good upper level acoustic some day, that I can afford.   Tom.  :)

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 03:33:58 PM »
Would love to see some pics of the two Washies.  Did you ever have a set up done to try and fix the play ability issues with the Martin?

Offline Zed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 07:45:05 AM »
Would love to see some pics of the two Washies.  Did you ever have a set up done to try and fix the play ability issues with the Martin?

Of course I did, but I prefer bigger frets on the neck Washburn guitars.  Martin HD28 is a fantastic guitar but only with new strings.
In addition I found HD28 very sensitive to humidity in the air.
Another interesting thing is that I use to play more D52 than 56.