Username: Password:

Author Topic: Whats up at Washburn?  (Read 14265 times)

Offline berniefan

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« on: January 17, 2011, 02:02:22 PM »
This forum has had little, if anything, new to discuss from the company itself, in a LONG time.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 02:03:12 PM by berniefan »

Offline darreno27

• View Profile
    • http://www.vintagewashburn.com
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 06:39:54 PM »
Yep.  At least NAMM is underway...so there are new models to check out.

Offline SuperRick

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 09:05:56 PM »
I saw very little Washburn stuff displayed at Namm.  I didn't go but I followed Premier Guitar's stuff and they showed alot from many, many competitors.  Too bad.  Is Washburn actually doing anything?  Their website sucks and this forum is almost at a stand still as far as any new info is concerned.

Offline darreno27

• View Profile
    • http://www.vintagewashburn.com
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:46:57 PM »
Don't really know.  Funky Munky Music usually updates a lot of info regarding the Washburn models, so I usually go on their forums for updates.  Washburn has new exotic model N4s at NAMM, which is their bread and butter.  They have some new acoustics and a USA XM series.....I think Parker has a new model as well (which is US Music/Jam).  I still don't know how much anything has changed with the buy-out from Jam Industries.  Washburn hasn't updated much on their website, except for the Madonna Nash and Stu Hamm models.  They still have their old electric models listed, which have been discontinued for almost a year (I think)?  Hopefully when NAMM is done they will start giving us more information and updates.....instead of tracking down most of the information on other websites/forums.

Offline Ripple

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 10:57:03 PM »
I was at NAMM and they had a big and showy display and most of their new models saw Nick there and the Cedar Ovongkol Dread was very nice sounding
Washburn D26S Washburn D60SW  Washburn F15 Alvarez Yairi DYK75P American Standard Srat Buffet R13

Offline Slashpepper

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 04:07:31 AM »
No chance you could give us a run down of what you saw there Ripple?

I want to know what all these new idols are like that aren't poorly photoshopped! Anything new we haven't heard of before?

I've been trying to find news on Washburn's NAMM electric lineup but there's hardly anything on the internet about it at all apart from vague XM references on supplier websites. I was hoping for photos...

Same with Randall, really excited by their new MTS modules... Nothing at all on the web from Randall and NAMM. *sigh*.

Washburn WI556
Washburn WI320 PRO
Washburn WI64

Offline Ripple

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 09:43:19 AM »
The main thing about the electrics I noticed  were the low price and lots of bling I was focusing more on the acoustics one thing I can see about that trade show is you need to spend more days there if you dwell too long in one spot you won't see enough of everything else such as not looking into cutting edge modeling amps and failing to collect enough business cards I really loved a Yairi I tried but they don't list on their webpage or sell in the area. if I go next year I will plan better and ask for help on what to look for.Still in the electrics saw the , v body?and jazz models and was more impressed with all their overall  looks than the acoustics. Hope this helps
Washburn D26S Washburn D60SW  Washburn F15 Alvarez Yairi DYK75P American Standard Srat Buffet R13

Offline berniefan

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 11:31:15 AM »
Kinda surprised that NAMM wasn't mentioned here by Washburn.
Another chance to create some excitement.... missed.
Last Washburn news was the Nuno blurb in October.
The mods told everyone to 'wait til NAMM'. Zip.
Once again, the Washburn marketing team is all over it.
Hopeless.

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 11:43:23 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by berniefan

Once again, the Washburn marketing team is all over it.

Team?
Heh-heh... how many people do you imagine are still at Washburn?
I'm gonna guess:
1 to place the overseas orders
1 marketing
1 customer service

Offline Slashpepper

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 02:22:22 PM »
:'[-(

That about sums up my thoughts. I was really excited about NAMM this year too... Looking for a nice Randall RM100 and a shiney new Washburn Idol. I guess it'll be an Engl and a... um... I don't even know :( Schecter maybe. *sigh*

Washburn WI556
Washburn WI320 PRO
Washburn WI64

Offline shaulin

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 02:37:41 PM »
Somebody should give Rudy Schlacher a call...
'08 Washburn WM526 (White)
'08 Washburn WM526 (Ferrari Red)
'09 Washburn WI568
'09 Washburn WI590

Offline berniefan

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 04:01:08 PM »
There is nothing Washburn left about Washburn.

They have canned every electric model that was ever popular for them, from the Wings and A Series, through the KCs and MGs and now the Idols.
The current RX Series look like a guitar you buy via an old Sears catalog. The XM..... not much better. Looks really cheap, and I believe that headstock design is being used by several Far East brands now.
There is nothing unique about Washburn's current electrics - and the price/value ratio isn't unique either. Might as well get a Cort or Samick without the Washburn decal - nicer designs at least.
Nothing left but a logo I am afraid.

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.washburn.com
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 07:01:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by SuperRick

I saw very little Washburn stuff displayed at Namm.  I didn't go but I followed Premier Guitar's stuff and they showed alot from many, many competitors.  Too bad.  Is Washburn actually doing anything?  Their website sucks and this forum is almost at a stand still as far as any new info is concerned.

too bad you weren't there.  we had about 175 guitars there.  Many All Solid Wood models, Woodline, a cool new product that will be released in a few months, new limited edition WB USA electrics, new  Vintage Jazz box and mandos, and other stuff.  We'll post stuff as soon as we can.

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.washburn.com
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 07:02:48 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ripple

I was at NAMM and they had a big and showy display and most of their new models saw Nick there and the Cedar Ovongkol Dread was very nice sounding

It was very nice to meet you and i'm glad you were there so you can let everyone know what a huge show we had.  Thanks a bunch.

Offline hansvaneven

• View Profile
    • http://www.hansvaneven.net
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 08:41:52 AM »
Hi Nick,

cool to read you here and that NAMM was a great show, really dig the photos I saw so far on the web, from the new N4 models to the b-bender acoustics, look forward to test drive them at Musikmesse ;)

Kind regards,

Hans Van Even
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 06:19:37 AM by hansvaneven »