Username: Password:

Author Topic: Whats up at Washburn?  (Read 11879 times)

Offline Ripple

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 12:36:56 AM »
Already lookin forward to next year gonna do some more woodwind consulting so I can get a pass.It was nice to meet you too Nick. I could see how busy you were.Our best source  for a good variety of Washburns is a store on Beach in Huntington Beach,I hope I will see more now.
Washburn D26S Washburn D60SW  Washburn F15 Alvarez Yairi DYK75P American Standard Srat Buffet R13

Offline hansvaneven

• View Profile
    • http://www.hansvaneven.net
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 06:32:26 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by berniefan

There is nothing Washburn left about Washburn.

They have canned every electric model that was ever popular for them, from the Wings and A Series, through the KCs and MGs and now the Idols.
The current RX Series look like a guitar you buy via an old Sears catalog. The XM..... not much better. Looks really cheap, and I believe that headstock design is being used by several Far East brands now.
There is nothing unique about Washburn's current electrics - and the price/value ratio isn't unique either. Might as well get a Cort or Samick without the Washburn decal - nicer designs at least.
Nothing left but a logo I am afraid.

I think you're wrong, all I can say from knowing the people who work at Washburn, is that they are some very nice people with a big passion for guitars, and personally I like the new XM models a lot. I for one felt also sad that most of the US models were gone, but it seems that with the new lines, things are again moving in the right direction with the US XM and new N4 models. I just hope to see some new Idol US models in the future :)

Cheers,

Hans

http://www.hansvaneven.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0g8t5MZDEc

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.washburn.com
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 01:33:33 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by hansvaneven

Hi Nick,

cool to read you here and that NAMM was a great show, really dig the photos I saw so far on the web, from the new N4 models to the b-bender acoustics, look forward to test drive them at Musikmesse ;)

Kind regards,

Hans Van Even

http://www.hansvaneven.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0g8t5MZDEc

Hey Hans,
I look forward to seeing you again.  
thanks

Offline berniefan

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 06:11:13 PM »
Is a couple photos too much to ask? Seriously.

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.washburn.com
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 09:05:44 AM »
photos and videos are coming.

Offline alpheus94

• View Profile
    • http://rnamusiconline.com
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 10:53:20 PM »
HOPefully some USA production IDOLS................like the old ones we all love............deep carve.......... that would be great. I know i would get a few for sure.
Owner of RNA MUSIC.

Offline Mauro Ricciardi Leira

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 01:57:46 PM »
Well, Brasil is flooded with many guitar models nowadays from China. Even brasilian manufacturers like Tagima and Hofma have their production lines set in China. But when I got a guitar to play, from China, I can see Washburn has a plus, a better end tunning over all areas, per se. I have a Korean/Indonesian X50Q, a chinese Wr154 and they are both very good guitars.
Washburn should fight fiercely with what it has: more than 100 years, the expertise from people like Grover Jackson, from wonderful guitar players stating over last years about what means being a Washburn.
Please don't forget markets like brasilian. We pay 70/85% import taxes over street price, making an american N4 very, very expensive. We will get whatever comes from Asia, but with good, superb quality. This will make a plus in markets like Brasil.

Offline Slashpepper

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 03:30:25 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by WB-Nick

photos and videos are coming.

Any eta's on this yet by any chance?

Washburn WI556
Washburn WI320 PRO
Washburn WI64

Offline nogin007

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 07:03:30 AM »
My local dealer told me they had started getting some new guitars in. That Washburn had given them some good deals, and they were going to pass them on to customers. I looked at one. The label inside stated it was made in '09. From what I've been reading on here about dealers not being able to get stock, why is it that when they do, the guitars were made a couple of years ago? Doesn't make a lot of sense. If the guitars are built, why can't they be shipped to the dealers?

Offline Mauro Ricciardi Leira

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 10:52:58 AM »
If it is not american made, it depends where it come from. Here in Brasil local manufacturers (Tagima, Eagle, Hofma etc) are making their products in China, as you know. One of my guitars, I ordered in September, received in December but was made in january 2010! Somehow, in the process of bringing to Brasil, it is being delayed a such.

Offline Slashpepper

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2011, 06:27:28 AM »
Looks like there are some NAMM 2011 photos on their Facebook page... Not that I *do* Facebook.

Washburn WI556
Washburn WI320 PRO
Washburn WI64

Offline Deadbolt

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 08:43:59 PM »
I'm new to this forum but I can say that the x200v pro I purchased is da bomb! the maple neck is lighting fast SD 59/custom pups scream coil tap is to die 4 everything about this guitar including finish balanced weight is outstanding too bad they discontinued this model cause I got it for a steal. Don't count out Washburn yet, got a feeling they will be coming with a vengence to anyone who says they are done! mine was mfg in 2009 in indonesia #09060856, I pretty sure the body is alder, can anybody tell me for sure?

Offline Deadbolt

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011, 08:47:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Deadbolt

I'm new to this forum but I can say that the x200v pro I purchased is da bomb! the maple neck is lighting fast SD 59/custom pups scream coil tap is to die 4 everything about this guitar including finish balanced weight is outstanding too bad they discontinued this model cause I got it for a steal. Don't count out Washburn yet, got a feeling they will be coming with a vengence to anyone who says they are done! mine was mfg in 2009 in indonesia #09060856, I pretty sure the body is alder, can anybody tell me for sure?[8D]

The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench,a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. Theres also a negative side

Offline berniefan

• View Profile
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 05:40:40 PM »
Where are the NAMM pics?

Offline John

• View Profile
    • Sky Blue
Whats up at Washburn?
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 04:26:51 PM »
Rumor is that Washburn very nearly went out of business and a Canadian distributor bought them.
Current Idols
05 Catanese WI66ANC both Tonerider Alnico II
99 Blonde WI64 both Pearly Gates
04 Black WI66PRO no Mods
04 Flat Black WI64 copper No Mods
08 Black WI45 - For Sale