Username: Password:

Author Topic: disasters on stage  (Read 1359 times)

Offline greygoose625

• View Profile
disasters on stage
« on: January 22, 2011, 08:22:55 AM »
I've performed in since 1965 and have had many disasters on stage.  One such event still brings a smile when I think about it.  I was doing a gig with a magician call Music and Magic.  We were performing on an old riverboat moored on the Ohio River.  The magician's act had an exploding head where a audience member had their head exploded.....there was a lot of smoke and then the head was a skelton....on the old wooden riverboat all the smoke alarms were wired together and directly to the fire department.  The riverboat had a resturant above us and a nice theater below.  The manager turned the alarms off during the exploding head and our first performance went without a hitch.  The next night the mananger was off and the assistant switched the alarm to silent during the exploding head......I followed performing on my Washburn guitar and in the middle of my set the side door flys open and a fireman with a coat, hat & axe comes in....out side the door I could see the resturant being evacuated and more firemen coming dow the river bank dragging a fire hose.  Turned out that the silented alarm sounded in the resturant and firestation only being silent in the theater.  We got in trouble over that...but still did our gig on the riverboat for 3 more months........janeguitar.com

Offline Pike

• View Profile
disasters on stage
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 12:36:00 AM »
Heh heh, neat story Jane!

Offline greygoose625

• View Profile
disasters on stage
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 08:27:35 AM »
Disasters continue......I was invited to be a guest artist at a church where I going to perform a works by JS Bach during the service.  I sat up front waiting for my part of the worship service where I'm introduced then perform.  When I sat down and started to check my tuning a church member stood up and acused the minister of having an affair with his wife.......the church exploded with anger and within seconds a shouting match was going on with half the congergation standing and yelling.......I sat there dumbfounded.......finally...seemed forever.......a man comes uo to the front and starts yelling in the mic telling everbody that he came to worship and this was not the time to deal with this........after a few outburst the church member that started the ordeal said he was leaving the church and encouraged more to do so........half the congergation got up and left shouting unkind remarks as they exited the building........then the minister look at me and asked me to play.........sheesh......I was shocked and didn't play very well.....janeguitar.com

Offline Tio Kimo

• you're never too old to be what you might've been
    • View Profile
disasters on stage
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 09:01:27 AM »
truth stranger than fiction. Where is the closed circuit tv when you need one.

Quite a story Jane. Welcome aboard.
http://www.oldtownschool.org/
'95 Washburn D-55SW Cherokee (Bourgeois)
'04 Larrivée LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
'02 Heritage 535
'12 Heritage 150
'10 Larrivée RS-2
'11 Benford Tele
'12 Kirn Barn Buster
Marshall AS50D
Little Lanilei 3350LT
Champlifier
Boogie DC-2