Username: Password:

Author Topic: My first Washburn- J28 SC  (Read 7373 times)

Offline dr_p_leisure

• View Profile
My first Washburn- J28 SC
« on: January 26, 2011, 07:57:50 AM »
I just joint the Cumberland Club (are there any other guitars named after sausages?)

From what I can tell its a 1995 J28. Its marked as a J28-SC but its got the equis ii electronics onboard, so i dont know if its a franken-guitar or if its an original electric acoustic. Its got a few tiny marks and grazes from use but its in pretty good condition. The neck blows me away. I bought an acoustic to help me build hand strength, but this is just too easy. I assume this model was made in Korea/China? The seller said it was USA but I'm 100% confident that its not. The price was good so it didnt matter anyway.

Its my first Washburn, first electro acoustic, and after 24hours i love it.

Now, just need to learn to play properly.

I learnt a lot in the first six months, But most of all I learnt that in six months I didn't really learn anything.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 04:25:05 PM by dr_p_leisure »
I learnt a lot in the first six months. But most of all I learnt that in six months I didn't really learn anything.

Offline greygoose625

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 10:49:43 PM »
Nice guitar.....good luck with learning.  Be careful as not to injure your hand trying to build up strength........often flat fingering or placing the finger to far from the fret is the problem.........the older you are the easier it is for injury.......janeguitar.com

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 12:07:29 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by dr_p_leisure

I just joint the Cumberland Club (are there any other guitars named after sausages?)

From what I can tell its a 1995 J28. Now, just need to learn to play properly.

I learnt a lot in the first six months, But most of all I learnt that in six months I didn't really learn anything.

Nice looking guitar....not USA made, you're right about that, but a quality guitar, anyway, and the Cumberland series is pretty highly regarded around here for value!

If your learning curve is anything like mine, you're due for an AHA moment soon.  It all seemed to be just TOO HARD for the first 6 months, then something clicked and it got much easier to change chords, get the timing right, that sort of thing. Once things start to click, the learning curve takes a great jump!!

Good luck....hang around, post on the Acoustic Guitar section, you'll get lots of help and encouragement there.

Cheers from.....

Dugly [8D]

YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, retired & attempting to age disgracefully!!
Washburns: WD32SW, D61SW, and C124SW
Other fine acoustic guitars by Breedlove (custom shop Revival Series 000), Darren Hippner (#506), Takamini (2005 LTD), Epiphone (Masterbilt AJ500RC), and Yamaha (G231-II)

YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 09:17:48 AM »
Nice Washie bud, welcome aboard!

Offline dr_p_leisure

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 10:37:36 AM »
thanks greygoose- i think i do place my fingers too far from the fret. I'll work on it. Thats my first 'AHA' moment.

Ive being playing since september, after a 15 year break. I played for about a year when i was a teenager. My wife bought me an electric guitar for my 30th, the Washburn is my second guitar. I have developed GAS already.

but i'm enjoying every minute of it, and thats the important thing.
I learnt a lot in the first six months. But most of all I learnt that in six months I didn't really learn anything.

Offline billy walton

• View Profile
    • http://www.blenderreviewer.com
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 01:23:24 AM »
Your washburn guitar looks great!! I am pretty sure it sounds great too. Do you have plans of buying an electric guitar as well?

Billy Walton

Offline dr_p_leisure

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 07:53:01 AM »
billy- i was spoilt for my last birthday and got a tele. i started to learn on that, but like the idea of the acoustic. now i have both.

all the gear but no idea...