Username: Password:

Author Topic: WI66V bridge upgrade, anyone done this already?  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Shontsy

• View Profile
WI66V bridge upgrade, anyone done this already?
« on: February 08, 2011, 09:36:34 AM »
Hello Idol Crew!

I'm planning to upgrade the horrible vibrato bridge on my otherwise awesome wine red WI66V, and just wondered if anyone had already done so and what bridge they used and how it worked out?

I'm planning to use a Wilkinson model that looks just like the stock (on the top side) but with much improved steel block and overall quality.  Not to mention a more convenient pop-in arm.

What bridge did you use and how did it work out?  Any unforseen issues?

I was planning to sell this guitar, but it plays so great like my WI66 Pro hardtails and worth so little on the used market that I think I'll keep it and throw a new bridge and pots in it for my kids when they get older.  I'm such a great dad!  Ha-ha!  Nice little project to include my older sons on too.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Offline harrisxr650

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 12:10:29 PM »
i was wondering the same thing :) would be nice if someone has some experience to share about what bridge fits on WI66V...on mine I've changed all 4 pots with cts 500k with o.022mf orange caps and sound changed dramatically. only thing i need to replace now its the bridge with better one but i don't know which....

Offline harrisxr650

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 10:28:41 AM »
anyone?