Username: Password:

Author Topic: D46S history  (Read 3165 times)

Offline frederiklj

• View Profile
D46S history
« on: March 06, 2011, 10:12:45 AM »
Hi;
Wondering if anybody here has some history\\time line about this model.
Seems that I have a base model or early model.
Any info appreciated

Cheers
Freddie

Offline Pike

• View Profile
D46S history
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 11:43:20 PM »
Hi Freddie, here's the blue book info. Got any pics?

D46 S SOUTHWEST
- dreadnought style, Alaskan close grained spruce top, Macasssar rosewood back and sides,
rosewood fingerboard, offset position markers, bound top, 3-per-side tuners, available in Natural finish,
mfg. 2000-
Grading
  MSR ---100%--- Excellent---- Average
 $550 ---$395 --$250 - 300 --$150 - 200
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 11:45:32 PM by Pike »

Offline Hurricane Ramon

• View Profile
D46S history
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 08:14:14 AM »

Hey there Frederklj :

Yep that's about it , I have one see my post with pics . New they listed @ $899.00 new  . I got mine in April of 2001 it must have been in that music store at least 6 months . Owner of the store was desperate I think , I got it for $599.00 .

He was really cool to . I had only that much in my pocket at the time . I was about to buy the mahogany one because it was cheaper , but before I could open my mouth to ask I was offered the Madagascar model for that price . All I said was throw in a case and the tax and it's a done deal . I walked out of the store and didn't feel the sidewalk under my feet as walked . I got into my car with such a grin that didn't wipe off for 70 miles as I drove home :)

Hurricane Ramon
Hurricane Ramon

It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me