Username: Password:

Author Topic: X12 questions (and washy in general)  (Read 3666 times)

Offline vheissu

• View Profile
X12 questions (and washy in general)
« on: March 25, 2010, 08:37:33 AM »
I really think it's time to add a washy electric to my list. And, have ALWAYS liked the look of the X50PROFE (amongst a couple of the Idols and a Maya).

However, my budget does not allow the the 50PRO, or even the 50 standard. In all honesty, my budget is fairly close to the price of the X12. So I was wondering how actually are they to play? Taking into account that I may be able to save up for the EMG set, and if not, can at least put in some Seymour Duncans (if she needs new pups of course)

I know she wont have the feel or personality of the 50PRO, but in general, how is she?

Also, by my budget can stretch to an x12 I mean if I bu brand new. I have no problems buying second hand as long as the guitfiddle is in good condition (hell, my beast is my baby, and she was second hand). With that in mind, what sorta qualiy 50PROFE am I looking at? Do i just wanna steer clear of a 50 at that price? Perhaps I could find  a good condition WI 64 for that money?

Before the N series is suggested... The only one of those that really jumps out at me, is the N4 vintage... So if you're willing to sell me one at the money I'm talking, wahey!! If not, then [:(]

Curse me and my love for expensive guitfiddles!!!

I shall leave my sig in this post, so you can see what I already have, and what washy would add well to that selection.

Cheers

Ben

Tanglewood TW28YSLN-C
2007 Fender Stratocaster
WASHBURN D10S12!!!!
B.C Rich N.J Beast with Floyd Rose locking trem
Stagg SW206CE-BK with EQ-7545R (called Rose)
Rosseti Airstream 3
MDG-192
A no named steel string acoustic
An old nylon stringed classical

Hartke GT60 PiggyBack Stack (60 watts)
Line 6 Spider 3 150 (150 watts)
Peavy Blazer 158 (40 watts)
Marshall (not sure what type) (15 watts)
Toneworks KORG Pandora PX4 handheld effects pedal
Marshall MS-2
Marshall Vibratrem VT-1
Digitech Grunge
Digitech Hothead
Behringer DigiDelay DD400

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 09:18:49 AM »
Hi vheissu, haven't seen you around lately, hope things ok with you.
As you're in the UK check out Ebay, there's been some older import MGs going for reasonable tokens. Not having tried the X12 not a lot I can say about it, but if it's anywhere close to the build quality of the X 50s a new set of pups will set it on fire (so to speak, no Hendrix stuff here)
I've got an X50 (Real Nice Guitars)as standard it had Headhunter pups in, I had SD Pearly Gates bridge and neck for a while, I've now fitted Carvins and it's much rockier all round. Gotta be one of my favourite modern-ish Washys.

Offline Mauro Ricciardi Leira

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 08:08:08 AM »
Dear Cornish,
I've tried to e-mail you but I have no enough posts yet!! Do you like those Headhunters? Do you know their tech specs (impedance output)? I have bought one here in Brasil but nothing about those pups but Washburn has said to me those are the same as Randalls.
Any info is welcome.

Mauro

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 08:32:02 AM »
Hi Mauro, sorry I have no specifications for the Headhunter Pups. They sounded ok, but that's it, the bridge sounded murky to my ears, but the neck pup I kept and installed in another guitar, now that does sound quite sweet. As usual it depends on your taste and sound you're looking for. I suppose if you're just a home player the stock pickups are adequate, but if you want to hear a well built guitar sing with clarity, upgrade to your choice of pups. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but you have bought a very well made guitar that will stand the test of time.....